• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dishwasher- Time consuming or User friendly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dishwasher- Time consuming or User friendly?

Hey hi… I just want to know if you really prefer using a dishwasher? Doesn’t it cost the risk of maintaining and cleaning? I bought one recently just because my mom wanted one. I find it really hectic… Is it because I’m using it the wrong way? Do help me with suggestions on how to maintain a dishwasher. Comments invited.
    Last edited by Beautiful Disaster; 11-18-2016, 08:40 AM. Reason: Linking to other sites is not permitted at WH.

What is it exactly that you are having difficulty with? There really is no tedious maintenance and upkeep on most dishwashers, that I'm aware of.

Comment

I definitely prefer a dishwasher. Much easier to load and unload the dishwasher than to hand wash and dry each item.

I haven't had any maintenance with mine.

I can't figure out what would be hectic about it.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Well I find it difficult cleaning the interiors on the long run.

Comment

Cleaning the interior? I've never had to clean the inside of the washer. I've had to pull some gunk out of the filter but that was the extent of it.
          Is this a new one? Did you read the accompanying booklet?

I'm puzzled by what could be the tedious work for you.

Comment

You made the right choice and your mom is absolutely right. Washing dishes uses water, energy, chemicals, as well as your precious time, so an effective approach can save a lot. I can share my experience on more effective use.
            Before you start the dishwasher, wait until you have full load (the same rule for a washing machine). This will help maximize the energy, water and detergents that the machine uses.
            Choose a dishwasher that is designed for energy and water efficiency. In the US, you can start by searching for Energy Star devices that use 25% less energy than the approved minimum.
            Go for dish washing and powder, which is natural, biodegradable and does not contain oil and phosphates. Also look for products sold in bulk to save on packaging. Powder detergents are easier and require less energy for delivery. If you are faced with the problems of spotting with phosphate-free detergents, try using a natural residue remover.
            Most dishwashers today are powerful enough to pull out the entire smear, so many manual rinses are often a waste of water and time.
            Most modern dishwashers have heaters for heating water coming from the water tank of your house. Turning the water tank thermostat to 120 degrees results in additional energy savings without compromising cleanliness.
            Instead of letting your car use electric heating or a fan for drying dishes, just open the door at the end of the wash cycle and allow them to air dry. Leave the dishes to dry for the night, and they will be ready for you when you wake up. Another option is moisture-absorbing minerals. Minerals absorb heat during the wash cycle, and then secrete it during the dry cycle while absorbing moisture. They can reduce energy consumption by 20 percent.
            Using fewer dishes and dishes during the day means fewer downloads in the dishwasher, saving energy, water and detergent.
            You can spend free time on your hobby. Good luck.

Comment

I wash all my dishes by hand: I never bother with a dishwasher. I do live in an apartment, though, so this isn't surprising. But my dad got rid of his dishwasher: it just was never used. Still, if there is room in the kitchen for one, then I would probably use it. They are convenient, so no harm, no foul.

Comment

Working...
              X