• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump Watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jns View Post
    Comparing one presidential family to another is useless, IMO. I look at all of the negative looks as sour grapes, and that goes for the whining about any of the presidents, including Trump, Obama, Bush II, Clinton, Bush I, Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, etc.
    I can't talk to what previous presidential families have spent, but that doesn't matter. We judge people based on the standards of today. With Trump, a lot of it is the hypocrisy. He is costing millions in NY, and the Federal government hasn't even agreed to compensate NY for all the expenses, so his son doesn't have to change schools in the middle of the academic year, but wouldn't give US ambassadors the same courtesy who had to uproot their families from foreign countries. Did previous presidents do similar stuff that costs tax payers unnecessarily. I don't know. And I would have the same comment for them also. I don't want my hard earned money going to pay for his minor conveniences.

Trump's behavior has brought a lot of scrutiny over what he doesn't. That is why people are criticizing everything he does. It is not sour grapes. When most of what comes out of his mouth are lies, people have every right to examine everything he does. In 1992, Clinton does criticized for sending his kids to private school after talking so much about public education during the campaign. And people had every right to do so. When you are the leader of the country, and everything you do impacts millions of other people, that is your life. Not sour grapes.
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

Originally posted by DreamP346 View Post
      He is costing millions in NY, and the Federal government hasn't even agreed to compensate NY for all the expenses, so his son doesn't have to change schools in the middle of the academic year, but wouldn't give US ambassadors the same courtesy who had to uproot their families from foreign countries. Did previous presidents do similar stuff that costs tax payers unnecessarily. I don't know. And I would have the same comment for them also. I don't want my hard earned money going to pay for his minor conveniences.
      Amen!

There are a plenty of kids that change schools in middle of year when families move/change jobs. When he won Presidency, changing schools after winter break would have been the perfect time.

Comment

It happened...A country elected an Internet troll as its president.

Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

Comment

more Tax day marches being added

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            It happened...A country elected an Internet troll as its president.
            It's funny because it's true.
            "Those sowing seed with tears
            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

find it so ironic he is so upset over leaks

Comment

Obama sure is busy if he's mobilizing rallies across the country while vacationing and spending time with family

Comment

dream
                  After last couple days......you must have something to add to your thread?

Comment

There is just so much I am feeling like what's the point. it just keeps piling on.
                    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

• I am actually very interested to read about Trump supporters' views. It has become a common place to consider them ignorant and uneducated, which I am sure they are not.
                      Part of their choice has been anything but Hillary, as such whoever takes their vote will be supported. Then again, I prefer to hear it from the horse mouth so to speak
                      Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                        I am actually very interested to read about Trump supporters' views. It has become a common place to consider them ignorant and uneducated, which I am sure they are not.
                        Part of their choice has been anything but Hillary, as such whoever takes their vote will be supported. Then again, I prefer to hear it from the horse mouth so to speak
                        Somebody else asked this question and we didn't really get supporters responding. I guess there aren't many on this forum. At least not openly ones. I know a few Trump supporters and here are their reasons for supporting him.

One really is ignorance, racist and sexist. He believes all the fake news including pope supporting Trump, etc. He has said some super racist stuff.

One said he thinks Trump is a great person because he has seen Trump on that TV show for many years and believes Trump to be a good person.

One is a Wall Street person who lost his job and fortune and believes Trump will change that.

A couple believe in his immigration policy. They think there are too many immigrants here.

A bunch said that they like his economic policy. They believe he will make things better.

Some things that they all have in common: They are white men. They are all pretty privileged (jobs, homes, wealth). They don't think Trump is a misogynist. When you start debating with them with facts, they either don't believe them or they just ignore them.

Of course this is just my experience. I'd be interested to hear from others.

Comment

• I know that NPR was doing specials following some trump supporters ongoing perceptions and interviewing them. Some of it may have been local stations, but I think there was some national coverage too. I'd search their website to see if you can find interviews.

I know that one of the local shows actually complained on air about the responses being so negative that it was making it difficult to find people willing to participate. They read some of the comments. It was hateful stuff. A few weeks ago they brought one of the harsh commenters together with a trump voter. It was an interesting dialogue.

I don't know any trump supporters personally - at least none I've spoken to about it. From what I've heard they believe that the country has moved away from supporting its middle class and common sense values. And it's moved towards the elite and eroding morality - and it's in that order too. By far, the main concerns I've heard are financial.
                          "Those sowing seed with tears
                          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post
                            I don't know any trump supporters personally .
                            I do, they wanted cheaper health care

Comment

• the only Trump supporter I knew was the cop I dated. He was a rather staunch supporter, and his big thing was guns and crime, racial tensions and what he saw change with Obama.

I could accept his perspective as a LEO, though I didn't fully agree with his fears and claims. Still he had a perspective that's impossible for me to comprehend.

I saw a very right wing magazine on his table so I struck up a conversation about an offensive (to me) article headline on the cover about Muslims.

I challenged his opinion. He ultimately agreed to meet a Muslim student to discuss their religion, the culture, violence and so forth. I was satisfied with that and happy he was open enough to learn that just maybe he could be wrong. I agreed, of course, to hear his opinions thoroughly. we broke up before that meeting happened.

My family thinks the same so I get it.

Are there crickets? are yall shocked I said smth in here? lol
                              well me too.
                              just thought I could share something that may not spark a debate or anger from either side.

Comment

• I'm super mega frustrated this morning so bear with me and forgive me if I don't say things as eloquently as I should.

So.......Syria. I am not, in any shape or form qualified to determine what is the RIGHT thing to do with the Syrian situation. However, I'm so frustrated by all the hypocrisy. Trump himself said (tweeted) numerous times through Obama's presidency "We should stay the he**** out of Syria, the "rebels" are just as bad as the current regime. WHAT WILL WE GET FOR OUR LIVES AND BILLIONS? ZERO", "What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs congressional approval" "If Obama attacks Syria and innocent civilians are hurt and killed, he and the US will look very bad!!". So, there's that.

But then there's the whole refusing refuge to Syrians. So, you refuse them refuge, but then act like you're the hero who must save them when tragedy strikes? It doesn't add up. It doesn't smell good. The Syrian Gov't is still denying the attack. What would be THEIR purpose in performing the attack only to deny it? I could see performing the attack, and admitting it so the people realize your power....but why deny it? Perhaps because maybe they really DIDN'T do it? Also, notice how the whole Russia discussion has fizzled away this week?

Anyway, it's a volatile and scary time for our nation.

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Working...
                                X