• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

coincidences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coincidences

have coincidences a lot or maybe I just notice them more

today had an email open and it mentioned an author/scene from a story, at the same time am watching a tv show and couple min later at end of show, they mention that same author/scene from the book

anyone else have these coincidences happen?

once I dreamed my neighbor's daughter was crying only to find out a couple days later from neighbor that her unwed daughter was pregnant
    (the whole family was upset so there was a lot of crying)

one more:

these happen to anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
      today had an email open and it mentioned an author/scene from a story, at the same time am watching a tv show and couple min later at end of show, they mention that same author/scene from the book
      Maybe this was targeted advertising from your browser history.
      I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
      Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Originally posted by jns View Post
        Maybe this was targeted advertising from your browser history.
        no it's a regular email I subscribe to and the author/scene was mentioned
        and then few min later the exact same author/scene was mentioned in the tv show I was watching

so it's twice appearing in under 5 min

Comment

jns

you get targeted advertising emails?
          due to browsing? how would they know your email address?

I don't get any advertising emails but also don't buy online

Comment

Google knows all.

Comment

another cool coincidence I remembered!
              read below

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
                jns

you get targeted advertising emails?
                due to browsing? how would they know your email address?

I don't get any advertising emails but also don't buy online
                Yes, I do. I buy, pay bills and bank online, although most of my paying bills is now automated.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

maybe no one else has coincidences

Comment

maybe I attach meaning to things that I notice or happen

such as sit at a table randomly, someone else we know ends up at the same table, right next to us
                    not until sitting down, start talking and say you look familiar and try to remember how know them
                    random places like a play or event for child (nothing like a wedding where someone might put people together)

it's cool when that happens
                    of all the seats in the room, you end up with someone you know right next to you, randomly

when these happen.....out of town, miles away from where we live
                    so it's not like right around town where chances are increased for that to happen

Comment

Coincidences happen to all of us.

I'm constantly looking for God's hand in things. But, instead of immediately reading spiritual significance into everything, I try to apply logic. If I hear about some product or service in one place then see it somewhere else, is it just because it's new and being advertised? If I have the same thought as someone else and we say the same word together, could it just be that the conversation, environment, or whatever else we have in common triggered the same thought? Could it just be chance? What about all of the times when coincidences didn't occur or I got a "feeling" and nothing happened?
                      "Those sowing seed with tears
                      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Stillness View Post
                          Coincidences happen to all of us.

I'm constantly looking for God's hand in things.
                          there are some days I see it all day long and take part in it as am more open and aware those days
                          but those are more rare because too many days am too busy about my own busyness so therefore miss out on the little miracles and coincidences

Comment

ever had coins literally pop out of your hands? it's not like I drop them, I feel them pop out of my hand

this happens to me and I let them be and one day it happened right outside our drug store when I went in, I turned around to see the delight on a kid's face as they came out of the store with their parent and found the coins

so now sometimes, I randomly leave coins in places

Comment

I agree Stillness. Logic dispells coincidences oftentimes. However, strange things do happen in the world and it can be a weird universe. Science by its very definition explains things but there are unexplained mysteries that have dogged the human race throughout time.

Comment

Working...
                              X