• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 wks until 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
    am still a work in progress
    Better than stagnation
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Still, if you aren't eating the traditional 3 square meals a day, what is your plan going forward?

I have always had a very big appetite. I have always been able to eat a lot, often. I thankfully learned to control that many years ago tho.
      What I learned about myself over the past few years on this particular journey, is that I seldom felt hunger. I have made an effort to eat when I feel hungry rather than when expected. I feel like, when I wait to get hungry, I'm much more mindful of what I eat and don't overeat. I stop eating when no longer hungry, not when I'm stuffed. It seems like I get back to the more base "instinct" of hunger and satisfying the need for nourishment.
      Meal times have a lot more meaning for me these days, in general.

Going primal over here

Can anyone sort of relate to that? Everyone I've mentioned this to, seems to think it's just the corniest thing.

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
        It seems like I get back to the more base "instinct" of hunger
        Can anyone sort of relate to that? Everyone I've mentioned this to, seems to think it's just the corniest thing.
        kitty, find that I do better also if I just eat when hungry and not "meal" times

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
          Still, if you aren't eating the traditional 3 square meals a day, what is your plan going forward?
          Almost the entirety of last year I fasted until noon. That fasting period consisted of liquid plants, raw plants (e.g. a piece of fruit and a handful of nuts), or nothing. I operate best when my breakfast is light or nonexistent. When I eat normally, I have two heavier meals. I may now go to one, or even none some days.

The mind can become sharper and energy levels can increase during periods of hunger. I've come to appreciate that feeling more than being full.
          "Those sowing seed with tears
          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

I have two meal a day with some fruit or vegetable snacks in between. Breakfast doesn't have to be the first thing in the morning; traditionally it was a few hours after getting up for dairy farming folks since the cows had to be milked first.
            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

I only eat when I'm hungry and don't ban foods or torture myself for eating. Being hungry and eating is natural and some people need more food than others. Everyone is different. Still, guilt about eating prevails throughout the woman's world. It isn't as evil as dropping a bomb on Syria, however, or ethnic cleansing. It is OK to eat that slice of cake or the odd bag of crisps. That's my lecture about diet and health!

Comment

Working...
              X