• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He Finally Figured it Out!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He Finally Figured it Out!!!

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled."
    ---Mark Twain

James Madison wrote our Second Amendment to protect our liberties. It ain't about hunting, collecting, target shooting, etc. It's about preserving our liberties. If every one of the safeguards protecting liberty he had written into our constitution were to fail, his Second Amendment would be our last resort for liberating us from despotic rule.

Search engine this: "Why I Joined the NRA After writing Gun Control Articles Goodman."

Goodman was lured into the fallacy that guns cause crime. After years of dedication to a lie, he finally figure out that the opposite is true: guns prevent crime.

How many rapists would continue with their ill-conceived plan were his intended victim pointing a .38 at him?

Originally posted by WaveRider View Post
    "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled."
    ---Mark Twain
    Great quote. Samuel Clemens (pen name: Mark Twain) was very astute in his observations.
    Last edited by jns; 05-31-2018, 01:07 PM.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Hi JNS,

I agree. Mark Twain had an incredible wit.

On the serious side of our Second Amendment, those opposed to it or have irrational opinions about it, would do well to search engine, "Founding Fathers' quotes keep and bear arms." My guess is 90% of Americans have no clue of why Madison memorialized our RIGHT to keep and bear arms. In fact, without a written Second Amendment, we wouldn't have a constitution. Anti-Federalists had pledged to reject it without a written promise that the government it created would protect and defend Americans' RIGHT to keep and bear arms. Therefore, in order to appease Anti-Federalists, Madison created the Bill of Rights. Madison tried to reason with Anti-Federalists that the Second Amendment was unnecessary because the constitution he had written created a limited government that was without legal authority to divest citizens of their RIGHT to own firearms. Anti-Federalists were good with Madison's rationale, but they insisted that our Right to keep and bear arms was memorialized within the Bill of Rights.

It's ironic that those who demand that we surrender our Second Amendment Right have no clue that w/o it, we wouldn't have a constitution.

Comment

While it's true that Mark Twain was an incredible wit, "It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've been fooled." has not been solidly attributed to him. It does follow his form of sayings.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Hi JNS,

I know that quotes can be mis-attributed. Anyone can post stuff on the 'net. Whether it's factual is a guess.

The Twain quote is found in numerous sources as attributable to him. It's consistent with his personality.

I used to have a file of my favorite quotes. It has disappeared into a s/b floating cloud.

Winston Churchill was an enigma himself. He declared war on Nazis after Hitler invaded Poland and proceeded to go sideways. He had plans to capitulate to Hitler until exiled Polish fighter pilots came to GB's rescue. But for Polish fighter pilots, Hitler would've pulled off Operation Sea Lion. After the war, Churchill went sideways on the very Polish fighter pilots that saved GB from becoming Nazi occupied territory and Poland. However, one of my favorite quotes is from Churchill: “You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.”

Comment

I agree with Churchill. He was a man who stood up for our country.

Comment

Can't agree more on the Second Amendment: it's the one that guarantees all the others.

An apocryphal quote often attributed to WW2 Admiral Yamamoto said, "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
              While it's doubtful he said this, it's true nonetheless.
              (and I can't figure out how this got bolded)

Comment

I honestly believe that irrational fear of firearms is a mental disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by WaveRider View Post
                  I honestly believe that irrational fear of firearms is a mental disorder.
                  Then you must agree that in California, the majority of the state government elected officials have mental disorders especially after their creation of a whole new class of criminals out of former law abiding citizens.

Comment

Good Morning, JNS,

No. I think that politicians in CA are imposing incremental gun control preparatory to forcing us into docility (sissified & totally reliant upon an omnipotent government) and transforming erstwhile rugged individualists into listless drones who'll readily accept assimilation into the New World Order where we'll share misery of Third World nation slaves.

Politicians' strategy is bait & switch: they feign the illusion of making us safer by disarming us (essence of oxymoron) while their true intent is placing us at greater danger to our lives while transforming us into slaves.

That We, the People part of our constitution was vanquished in 1913.

Americans are the most easy people in the world to propagandize. My guess is 90% of Americans have never read the US Constitution. They have no clue of what "The Federalist Papers" were. They do not know that media is hearsay evidence and therefore unreliable to prove anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X