• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote on the New WH Logo! We need YOUR help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote on the New WH Logo! We need YOUR help!

Attention everyone! We need your valuable input on our WH new logo! See next post for pictures of the logo options. You can click on each picture to enlarge it.

We can't wait to see what you choose!

If you don't like any of them, it's okay to say so below.
    Logo 1
    0%
    Logo 2
    0%
    Logo 3
    16.67%
    Logo 4
    25.00%
    Logo 5
    0%
    Logo 6
    58.33%
    Last edited by Beautiful Disaster; 06-27-2018, 08:29 AM.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Where will it be placed? I notice only some are running left to right and others right t left.. If it's to be placed on the left side of the page, publishing conventions would say that would be the correct orientation to have the effect of running into not out: You always want things running INTO the page not out of the page. My choice running into the page would be #2

Comment

Originally posted by Claret View Post
        Where will it be placed? I notice only some are running left to right and others right t left.. If it's to be placed on the left side of the page, publishing conventions would say that would be the correct orientation to have the effect of running into not out: You always want things running INTO the page not out of the page. My choice running into the page would be #2
        I don't know for 100% certain yet, but I'm guessing it will either be at the top left or centered. You're right on your distinction though. If it's on the left, running in just makes more sense. Be sure to select your choice up in the poll!

Comment

Yeah, I'm with Claret. I'm not crazy about any, but I'd choose 4 or 6, and voted for 4.

Comment

I'd like 5 the best, if it was facing the other way

Comment

Thanks ladies! Please be sure to cast your vote in the poll. I am hoping to get a lot of voters and it will be hard to keep up with who picked what if you don't cast your vote in the poll. :-D

Comment

I voted for #3 assuming it's the smallest file size; I visit WH almost exclusively on my phone, and the pages take a very long time to load as it is.

Comment

Thanks to those who have voted!

If you have not voted, please do! We want to hear from everyone, not just the regulars! Every vote and opinion matters.

Comment

I see the stylized line figure of a woman in all of them but what do the other elements mean?
                    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

jns I think in some of them blue represents sky, green represents grass, but for the most part, the colors selected were intended to convey warmth, inclusion, and be inviting.

Comment

Hi guys! I thought it was about time that I chimed in and introduced myself -- I'll also ping all moderators in the proper forum, but as far as the logo search is concerned I wanted to address a few things.

My name is Chris Fernandez and I just purchased Women's Health from the current owners and am in the process of finalizing all the details.

I've been an internet marketer for over 20 years, and am extremely passionate about health, fitness, marketing and providing amazing content to make the world a better place.

I have BIG plans for the site -- HUGE -- and will be completely revamping the look, functionality, and what we do around here. The forum will stay, and be improved, but we're also going to be adding a blog/articles and focus on long-form high-quality content.

All of these plans lead to the new logo -- step 1 in a long redesign process! I thought it would be best to get feedback from ALL members to see what the community thought about this batch of logos.

Rather than focusing on what they mean, I was hoping people would vote merely on their "gut" -- do you like it? If so, which one? That's really all that matters.

I could sit here and go on and on about what the logo means -- or what I intended it to mean, what the colors represent, etc -- but at the end of the day, when someone visits the site, they won't give a crap -- they'll just "feel" something in their gut.

Do they want to stick around? Do the colors, layout, topics, presentation, loading speed, etc, make them "feel" welcomed, like they are in the right place? Like this is the right place for them? That we care?

Ultimately, that's what I'm going for -- something that says "welcome, we're here for you" in a way that isn't purely feminine, but welcoming to all genders and orientations.

I hope that makes sense, and I still welcome all feedback as we go through this process!

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris. Very nice to meet you! Looking forward to all the improvements coming for the site.

Comment

Welcome, Chris!
                            I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                            Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

I like the simple feel and colors of the site already, but I chose #6 because I prefer the warmer colors. Hopefully, it will still be as simple and easy to navigate after it’s been updated. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X