• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with my Dog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with my Dog

My poor little girl (Corgi) is having some sensitivity issues and has been having diarrhea lately. I hesitate to take her to the Vet because I prefer to try and find natural remedies. Has anyone had experience with any natural/organic ways to treat dog diarrhea? My last resort is the Vet

Hi Kate. The important thing is finding out the cause of the diarrhea. Natural remedies are fine IF you know what is causing it. But without knowing that, you may treat everything BUT the actual issue. A small dog like that could easily get dehydrated if the diarrhea continues and that is very serious.

When my dog has had diarrhea that lasts for more than a day, it is always a red flag to me that something else is wrong. Has she been to the dog park and gotten something from another dog? Has she gotten worms? Does she have an intestinal infection? Does she have an intestinal blockage? I cannot answer those questions without a vet, and neither can you. Take that sweet girl to the vet and get her checked out. Better safe than sorry.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

I'm curious why you don't want to take your dog to a veterinarian?

I agree with BD, and let me add that, your dog cannot talk to you and tell you how she feels. Let a professional assess and direct you on how best to treat her. If you prefer natural remedies, tell them. Or seek the advice of a vet that is trained in natural remedies. They are out there and may be in your area.

Diarrhea can be caused by many things, some benign, and some potentially life threatening. This is not something that you should try to manage without the advice of a professional. It could be absolutely nothing, and usually is. But do you really want to take that chance?
      A vet appointment is typically quick and easy. Just get her checked out.

Comment

Hello KateElizabethA. Have you taken your dog to the vet yet? I don't know about vetinary diagnosis but I hope your dog gets better soon. I do know there are many things that can cause diarrhoea in a dog: chocolate is one. I do think your dog may well have eaten something toxic. When you take your dog out for a walk, she may have chewed a plant, maybe? I do think she has ingested something. The vet will have to do her bloodwork, to check what is in her system. It is vital you take your dog to the vet: if she isn't treated, she will get sicker and sicker. If money is stopping you getting vetinary treatment, I would advise you find a solution.

I don't mean to lecture, but I strongly advise this. Although I am not doubting your love for your dog.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I heeded your advice and took her to the Vet....she is ok, he thinks it's a combination of the heat and possibly stress. Nothing to be overly concerned about. He suggested I could give her something natural to ease her stomach. I found this article for some and he even suggested Marshmallow root to try to see if it helps. Thank for your help everyone!!!!
          Last edited by jns; 07-25-2018, 07:49 AM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

I was glad to help. I hope your dog is OK now.

Comment

Working...
            X