Site Overhaul Update!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Site Overhaul Update!

Hey everyone! As most of you know, Women's Health Interactive got a new owner back in the summer. Chris is truly passionate about our mission here and has been fully dedicated to making WHI all that it absolutely can be and more.

We have been working behind the scenes developing the completely new look, so if I have been quieter than usual, that is why!

You all are going to LOVE the new and improved site.....it's look, it's professionalism, the high-quality content, expert-reviewed articles on topics you care about, etc. As a member since 2008, I am SO excited about what's to come for our site.

So, we are working hard for you and can't wait to unveil everything when it's time. We are hoping to launch in the next couple of months but will take as long as we need to make things as close to perfect as possible before we launch.

To be continued................ :-)
    "Be what you're looking for."

• Looking forward to see the enhancements.

Comment

• I am so excited to see the new design in the next few months! This is an awesome website anyway, but it'll be good to have a change.

Will our number of posts still be the same, by the way? I have a fair few posts under my belt, and would hate to have to start all over again [as much as I love this website].

Anyhow, it is all very exciting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
        Will our number of posts still be the same, by the way? I have a fair few posts under my belt, and would hate to have to start all over again [as much as I love this website].
        yes, would like answer to your question, also

wondering why we can't see where it used to show icons of people logged on?
        was that info moved? or discontinued?

Comment

• I'm curious why some of our posters are concerned about post counts? Legit question, am I missing something? I never look at mine, or anyone else's, so I'm curious why it matters to others?

Comment

• Thanks Claret. That makes sense. I agree with you though, it matters little.

Comment

• question 1) will posts counts remain same?
              if not, will posts be deleted and site start from scratch?

question 2) why don't people logged on show up at bottom anymore?
              was that info moved? or discontinued?

my husband suggested to keep posting questions
              that's what he does at work until he gets an answer, lol

Comment

• Amy40, does your husband realize how redundant the questions can become if they are posed over and over? Especially since there are no constructive answers. As of now, we don't know what will happen. That is not up to the administrators or the moderators. What will be done will be done as best for the forum. If there are items that only serve to take up space on the mainframe or wherever things are stored now, then they likely will be removed. If they don't add to the forum or impact other features then they will probably be retained.

Comment

• Originally posted by Claret View Post
                  does your husband realize how redundant the questions can become if they are posed over and over? That is not up to the administrators or the moderators.
                  often people just avoid answering questions and husband needs the answers to do his job
                  he eventually gets answers when people finally do their job and answer!
                  why should he let up on people

BD seems to know a lot of what's going on re first post on this thread
                  I'm sure it gets shared in the moderator section
                  since it's launching soon, it would be know if the website is going to be totally scrapped and everyone's posts gone and therefore post count to zero

the site owner has 31 posts so he's not keeping you all totally in the dark

Comment

• flagged as spam?

a two year member and Poster of the Month is not a spammer

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post

often people just avoid answering questions and husband needs the answers to do his job

since it's launching soon, it would be know if the website is going to be totally scrapped and everyone's posts gone and therefore post count to zero

Comment

• Originally posted by amy40 View Post

From my working experience, repeatedly demanding answers to questions that don't have answers at the present time builds resentment and shows that a person is not a team player in a business setting. Bosses can get away with it but it does not build group cohesiveness or esprit de corps. In some cases the person asking is abrasive. Often the questions are asked of someone who does not have the proper position to answer the questions that are about company policy. If answers comes from such a person, they may not have the full force of the company since they are only one person's opinions.
                        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Hey everyone. There is no intention to delete any data other than junk posts/spam. Your post count should not be affected unless you have posted responses to spam posts that get deleted, then you would see a decrease in your post count.

The site you see currently is the one you've seen for many years. We have made no live changes to it yet, only in development/testing.

We are implementing a spam filter that will flag certain posts automatically, but that is something the admins/mods will be taking care of and isn't a concern for our members. There will be changes, but they will all be for the better and should not negatively affect any of you.

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
                            We are implementing a spam filter that will flag certain posts automatically, but that is something the admins/mods will be taking care of and isn't a concern for our members.
                            was pretty odd to see a post of mine flagged as spam
                            but I was able to quote it and still post it

so why was it flagged?
                            no cuss words, lol

BD....the site no longer shows who's online
                            am I the only one then who no longer has that feature at bottom of site?

Comment

Working...
                            X