Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy holidays!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Happy holidays!

I hope you all have enjoyed the winter holiday season, in your traditional celebration with family and friends. Happy New Year!

• Thanks kitty! I had a great winter break. It's now a new year and we have lots of new things on the horizon! Thanks so much for everything you do here at WHI! How was your holiday? Did you get some time off?
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• The holidays were as good as I could want or hope for, in light of everything. I didn't take time off, no...and now I wish I had. I realized this week that I'm drowning myself at work to avoid coming home... so, I'm going to correct that this month and take a few days to rest.
      and decided that I will get a cat, to drive Mother away...lol

2019 will be a good year. I have an interview on Monday for an even better position, so, I'm moving forward and getting this year off strong, I hope.
      Cheers!

Comment

• Best wishes. It sounds like things are progressing.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• I like the cat idea. Lol! Glad you are going to take some time for yourself! And good luck on your interview!
          "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I had a wonderful Christmas and shall have an excellent 2019. I'll be attending ALL my social clubs and being Miss More Popular! I will also try to find more work and even do an advanced English Literature course. We shall see come September.

Comment

• Thanks BD. I feel fairly confident. I'm actually overqualified for this role, so...I'm worried that will be a negative for them.

The agreed upon time was around Spring...so if there's no movement being made for Mom to go, I'm bringing home a cat. lol

So there, Miss More Popular...sounds like you have a great 2019 planned for yourself! Have fun!

Comment

• atskitty2: "I'm actually overqualified for this role, so...I'm worried that will be a negative for them." As someone who pursued education, I have always had a strong distaste for the word "overqualified". To me it is just a convenient excuse to throw out the best candidates and find someone who will stick at the job because they will have no better prospects. In other words, someone very close to their "Peter principle" limitation. I hope that will not be the case for you. I could see a company hiring you into positions that you are overqualified for as stepping stones to higher positions, using those positions to check your competency at a variety of tasks. A good worker will give their best efforts at whatever position they have. They may prefer the work at a lower position (less pressure, more defined work hours, less travel, more hands on, etc.) A good company will try to promote good workers with the ability to grow into the higher position and those who have a background at the higher position. Best wishes on the interview.
                I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• atskitty2: "I'm actually overqualified for this role, so...I'm worried that will be a negative for them."

As someone who pursued education, I have always had a strong distaste for the word "overqualified". To me it is just a convenient excuse to throw out the best candidates and find someone who will stick at the job because they will have no better prospects. In other words, someone very close to their "Peter principle" limitation. I hope that will not be the case for you. I could see a company hiring you into positions that you are overqualified for as stepping stones to higher positions, using those positions to check your competency at a variety of tasks. A good worker will give their best efforts at whatever position they have. They may prefer the work at a lower position (less pressure, more defined work hours, less travel, more hands on, etc.) A good company will try to promote good workers with the ability to grow into the higher position and those who have a background at the higher position. Best wishes on the interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                    I'm actually overqualified for this role, so...I'm worried that will be a negative for them.!

good luck, kitty!

Comment

• Thanks jns and amy.
                      Yes, jns, that is exactly what it would be for me-a sort of stepping stone. Oddly enough, this step backward would even be a raise in pay. So, it highlights how underpaid I/we were at the company I was with previously.
                      Anyway...we'll see. New year, many openings out there.

Comment

• How did the interview go, atskitty2?

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

Ashlee T I wonder if your friend turned the truth around to others that you were to blame for the friendship fail, to cover the fact that she had treated...

Yesterday, 11:06 PM By secretkeeper
                        • Reply to Whats wrong with my sex?!

Would it cause issues suddenly after so long? The doctor placed the mirena when he took my ovary and I was still pretty into sex up until about 2 months...

Yesterday, 07:00 PM By stateofconfusion
                        • Mid-Cycle Bleeding

Hi,

Okay, so in November I had a nervous breakdown. Had a normal cycle until February. About day 16-18 I had brown and clumpy spotting, right...

Yesterday, 06:23 PM By almostbritain
                        • Reply to Has anyone felt like a third wheel?

Yes! It sounds like you've sorted this out quite well. It's cliche, but life is too short to spend on things that don't make you happy.

If...

Yesterday, 06:18 PM By Ashlee T.
                        • Reply to Whats wrong with my sex?!

It sounds like you have been through SO MUCH over the past couple years, your body AND your mind.

I'm so sorry you went through having to...

Yesterday, 06:08 PM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
                        X