Women’s Health Interactive Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next revolution(s)

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All
new posts

  • Next revolution(s)

    According to you, what will be the next revolution(s) ?
    Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

  • Dude, not two minutes ago I worked out listening to MF Doom talking about taking over the world, then I come to this site and see your icon looking just like him talking about revolution.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Stillness View Post
      Dude, not two minutes ago I worked out listening to MF Doom talking about taking over the world, then I come to this site and see your icon looking just like him talking about revolution.
      Interesting...
      That being said not all revolutions are meant to take over the World.
      Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

      Comment


      • Designer children. A modern day Sparta. Eugenics will reign supreme. Humankind will be one step closer to extinction due to the loss of genetic diversity which up until now has been how life has survived die offs on Earth.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        ...
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

        From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

        Comment


        • Your other thread mentioned the diet you’re trying. Canada’s new dietary guidelines are revolutionary. It’s predominately whole food, plant-based. Their plate graphic looks a lot like what I eat, which is mind-blowing to see a country recommend.

          I think there’s increasing recognition that a lot of our diseases are caused by our lifestyle. It’s not just genetics or aging. People are learning that they can prevent, halt, and reverse disease without western medical intervention by rejecting certain elements of the western diet and ideology toward nutrition. It’s revolutionary stuff.
          "Those sowing seed with tears
          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

          Comment


          • Nice to see you back Maximus.
            I'll have to think about this...so many possibilities!!

            Comment


            • My take into this is that the revolution is already under and has been for a long time.
              Now, one can ask or wonder about which changes in particular took place and when.

              Without redoing the history of mankind, I am focusing on the two specific changes.
              The first one that introduced science in its materialistic approach (the lineage of Newton), and the rise of Homo Economicus.
              The second change is the development of consciousness to want to see "beyond" the experiences of the senses.

              The revolutions will be an increased accentuation of these opposite aspects.
              The former growing into the extreme materialization of ourselves, others and everything.
              The latter into developing ourselves, spiritualizing the intelligence.
              Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                The former growing into the extreme materialization of ourselves, others and everything.
                The latter into developing ourselves, spiritualizing the intelligence.
                How would these be expressed?
                "Those sowing seed with tears
                Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Stillness View Post

                  How would these be expressed?
                  I will try to be as complete and concise as possible..

                  The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result there is no reason not restrain the basic instincts, to see all that exist as a resource for our self satisfaction and gratification.

                  The spiritualization of intelligence is expressed, first and foremost, by raising our thoughts and goals to achieve things bigger than ourselves, for the benefit and growth of all in total selflessness, in all aspects of life as we know today.

                  For completeness sake, I'd like to add two key references outlining the point I am trying to make above. Please consider from a spiritual standpoint and not from a religious standpoint:
                  John 6:27 "Let your work not be for the food which comes to an end, but for the food which goes on for eternal life, which the Son of man will give to you, for on him has God the Father put his mark."
                  Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

                  Comment


                  • You don’t have to be apologetic about quoting Jesus to me. In fact, I was thinking about the prophecies about his kingdom taking over the world when I first saw the question in your post. The others may wince, but not me.

                    I still don’t get what you’re saying, though. How exactly would materialization look? Slavery? Prostitution? And spiritualization would be expressed how? Volunteering? Public service? Missionary work? Where is the revolution? This stuff seems ancient.
                    "Those sowing seed with tears
                    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Stillness View Post
                      I still don’t get what you’re saying, though. How exactly would materialization look? Slavery? Prostitution? And spiritualization would be expressed how? Volunteering? Public service? Missionary work? Where is the revolution? This stuff seems ancient.
                      The clarifications you are asking are definitely important. I did focus on the key principles of these opposing aspects as their breakdowns in life are infinite.
                      To nonetheless name a few I will say the following:

                      For the spiritualization of intelligence to give few concrete examples:
                      1) Making interactions between beings sacred: that our "religion" becomes how much we value and respect others
                      2) Modifying our view and handling of Finance/money: As enabler of a greater good and not as a mean of dominance and oppression
                      Other areas: education, health, economy, agriculture.
                      A good example in agriculture is the development of biodynamic agriculture.

                      For the materialization:
                      1) Seeing other beings as enablers of self worth: the very notion of natural resources needs to be challenged in its core.
                      This includes slavery, prostitution like you mentioned, though they have taken different forms in modern times.
                      2) Limiting our perception to what can be demonstrated mathematically
                      3) A rampant and even growing de-humanization

                      The revolution is to realize what makes us as unique as humans: our ability to demonstrate genuine creativity, have sentiments.
                      The revolution is to outgrow the exoteric notions of races.
                      Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

                      Comment


                      • I don't see the revolution as something to do with religion: I see it to do with science and finding ways - and improving ways - to organize the world better. And to save the rainforests, help the poor: you get the gist. I don't like using religion to explain the world. There is no denying religion, but it separates us: confuses and frightens people and communities. Joining together as the human race is key.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Maximus View Post

                          The clarifications you are asking are definitely important. I did focus on the key principles of these opposing aspects as their breakdowns in life are infinite.
                          To nonetheless name a few I will say the following:

                          For the spiritualization of intelligence to give few concrete examples:
                          1) Making interactions between beings sacred: that our "religion" becomes how much we value and respect others
                          2) Modifying our view and handling of Finance/money: As enabler of a greater good and not as a mean of dominance and oppression
                          Other areas: education, health, economy, agriculture.
                          A good example in agriculture is the development of biodynamic agriculture.

                          For the materialization:
                          1) Seeing other beings as enablers of self worth: the very notion of natural resources needs to be challenged in its core.
                          This includes slavery, prostitution like you mentioned, though they have taken different forms in modern times.
                          2) Limiting our perception to what can be demonstrated mathematically
                          3) A rampant and even growing de-humanization

                          The revolution is to realize what makes us as unique as humans: our ability to demonstrate genuine creativity, have sentiments.
                          The revolution is to outgrow the exoteric notions of races.
                          Sounds interesting, but I don't completely follow.

                          There are plenty of spiritual, moral, and loving people, but there's tons of brutality and dehumanizing in this world. I'm not seeing any revolution. If anything, there seems to be more division and selfishness.
                          "Those sowing seed with tears
                          Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

                          Comment


                          • I have to agree, Stillness. There is a lot of division and conflict in the world. And I believe some religious groups [no names] do further such things. Again, I don't like using religion to explain the world. I believe in Jesus and God and angels, but I wouldn't join a particular church or other religious group [and definitely not a cult]. Some people do use religion as an excuse to divide people and use violence: take the Muslim situation and the Middle East. There are corrupt people who don't care about God: they just want power and control and will use God to frighten people. Plus, years back in Ireland it was the catholics against the protestants. And a lot of people died because of the conflict. Plus, in Greek mythology gods and goddesses were always fighting. Jesus was crucified by the Romans who then later built their church based on him. It goes on forever.

                            I am not against religion, but I do not agree when a religion uses fear on people so the corrupt can have all the power.

                            Comment


                            • Another revolution that may happen is having a relatively complete understanding of gut science. Using custom gut bacteria regimes for dealing with the ravages of cancer treatment. Using other ones to get a person "vaccinated" against harmful bacteria in the places they visit (also fits for military.) Using gut science to be able to live on much less food. Using gut science to heal faster.
                              I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                              ...
                              Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

                              From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse

                              Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

                              Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

                              Latest Posts in Our Forums

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics in Our Forums

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X