Do You Agree With Grammarly?

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Agree With Grammarly?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Do You Agree With Grammarly?

Do you use Grammarly? Or do you think it the cheat's way to good English?

Personally speaking, I think it IS a good idea. BUT not in an exam or other similar situation. OK, at work it does improve the person's writing - which is the goal - but there comes a point where someone has to be able to write like that themselves, instead of always having the computer do it for them. But it is still a good platform and a very good idea.

Your views?

• It's a great tool. But, much like autocorrect and other spell/grammar check features, it DOES dull our blade after a while. I think it's a great tool for business and for professional writing (though it doesn't know EVERYTHING) but perhaps we should stick to brushing up our own skills in our personal endeavors.

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

• I agree Ashlee T. Grammarly is a great tool, but English skills are needed, too. Relying on a computer to do all the work doesn't sit right with me. Writing is a great skill and a person [student/worker/adult/etc.] needs to be able to understand grammar and proper English - both written and spoken. Of course, I believe Grammarly is important and very useful - so I'm not anti-it.

I'd use Grammarly, definitely but not all the time.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X