Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Question

I looked everywhere for a womens help forum dealing with this type of stuff. I'm so glad that I found one.

I was wondering if anyone else has any advice or has experience this. It burns when I pee but not all of the time and it's sore when I wipe myself but it's only sore in one spot about the size of a dime. I recently had sexual intercourse for the first time about 5 days ago and I am wondering if maybe it could be a latex allergy, because I used to be allergic to latex but in the passed year or so I have been able to wear latex gloves so I thought I was not allergic anymore. Also, I read that the allergy would have shown up within 48 hours.

It's not red, it's not itchy and it's just that one little spot the size of a dime that hurts and it only burns about 60% of the time when I pee. I know that it is not an STD because my partner has never had intercourse or oral sex or ANY type of sexual relations with anyone. (I am his first girlfriend)

Thank you so much.

• Hi kgo.

I see three possibilities:

1. You said that you had sex for the first time. It might be that you were a bit dry or tight and, because of the position you both were in when you had sex, you may have some chafing in an area of your vagina that got too much rubbing (sort of like a 'rug burn'). You could use a personal lubricant (like KY Jelly) to minimize the friction. But DON'T USE OIL-BASED PODUCTS (like Vaseline, baby oil or lotions) IF YOU ARE USING A CONDOM. These can weaken the condom and make it break.

2. I'm reading between the lines that you used a latex condom. You may indeed have latex allergy. You can use lambskin condoms instead of latex.

3. It may be some sort of vaginal infection. You would need to see your doctor to get treated.

I also have to tell you to keep in mind with any sexual partner that you don't know what's in his past. I'm in no way attacking your boyfriend's character, but you can only go by what he tells you. Just be careful.

Since it's your first time having sex and the burning has continued for almost a week, I suggest that you see your gyn just to make sure that you're ok.
    Last edited by alibaby; 10-12-2007, 02:28 PM. Reason: added "or tight"

Comment

• It could very well be chafing just because it's in that one little spot. I am not sure though, because I just notice the symptoms yesterday (Thursday) and I had intercourse on Monday. I don't know if it's normal for that stuff to show up a few days later or not.

Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

• You're welcome.

I would think that if it was simply chafing, you would have felt it shortly after, but all women are different. Make that appointment with your gyn to be sure about what's happening.

Take care.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66
        • Reply to Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

I second Alison H.'s post.

I'm afraid I know very little about Perimenopause anxiety, but Alison's post makes sense. I do hope you find the...

05-19-2020, 01:45 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to My Heart's Desire

I have re-published my book "Welcome To Hell". It's awesome. It is a hardback and is A4 size. I have another book in print called "Gobbledegook"...

05-19-2020, 01:42 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to My Passion For Creativity And Art Is Making Me Feel Really Lonely

I've always been artistic: and always will be. I was always good at art, although I never excelled in painting. But I use my artistic imagination to write...

05-19-2020, 01:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to isolated as a family

So sorry your family has lost the dog. Such a terrible time.

I have been enjoying watching the neighborhood kids play the last few weeks....

05-17-2020, 06:41 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
        • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
        • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
          he's at higher risk
          his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
        Working...
        X