Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! Is this dangerous?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Help!! Is this dangerous?

Last week was my period. This guy I have been seeing and I decided to have sex anyway, just using the other entrance. Well, I guess during it he slipped and was in my vagina. I thought maybe that had happened because when I got home, I didn't have a tampon in anymore. I was embarrassed thinking that it had fallen out onto his bed sometime during the act. I put another tampon in. My period ended on sunday, a few days after we did the deed. I have noticed a smell down there and could not figure out why, as I have never experienced one before. I have been very uncomfortable the past few days because of it and have had some discomfort. Well, to make a long and embarrassing story short, I found out today that the tampon that was in never fell out like I thought. That was where the smell was coming from and the slight discomfort I have felt. My question is, is that dangerous? I have no idea how it got so far up that I could not find it and I tried to find it. I have a female check up on the 12th, I should mention what happened right? I am very nervous and embarrassed. This has never happened before..

• If you had TSS, symptoms would probably have shown up by now BUT LOOK OUT FOR FLU-LIKE SYMPTOMS. TSS can kill you.
    Otherwise, just watch out for infections. Any changes from your normal discharges.
    Have you gotten the tampon out? Your body should be able to push it out, more or less, so I'm inclined to believe you pushed it out while going to the bathroom and never noticed.
    Absolutely mention it to your gyno; you are at risk for infections.
    Good luck

EDIT: By the way, you shouldn't be too embarrassed. I'm sure your gyno has heard it all; these things happen.
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Hi kitkat21.

Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a serious bacterial infection that can result from having a tampon left in for too long. Tampax says that one tampon shouldn't be worn for more than eight hours. If it's still in your vagina (or even if you're not sure), call your gyn first thing in the morning and let him/her know. You will probably get an emergency appointment to have it removed. As "Little" said, don't be embarrassed to talk to a doctor about it. They've seen it all.
      Last edited by alibaby; 11-02-2007, 02:06 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Squirting or Peeing? Confused with Colour

A friend of mine recently lost her virginity and while she had her first sex she doesn't know anything about it. She enjoyed it but she didn't know whether...

Yesterday, 10:59 PM By Dawood Naseer
      • Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
      • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
      • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
        he's at higher risk
        his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
      Working...
      X