Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hpv advice

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• hpv advice

i have found out that i have a virus on my cervix in which is hpv. i am going back this month so my dr can do a biopsy. she said that it is starting to get active. i am nervous about this. hopefully they will catch it before turns into cancer. i am concerned though cause i am 32yrs old and i would like to have kids. i am nervouse that if everything is clear if it would come back if i am pregnate. i do not know much about being able to be pregnate and having hpv. does any one have any advice? i feel that i am getting older and know have come down with this and this prolongs everything, i am scarred that if i do get pregnate than this will cause complications. also i know that you can get hpv from sexual contact. if my husband has the hpv and he ejaculates in me so we can have kids is he going to keep giving me hpv? any advice?

• reply to hpv advice

I am also 23 and was just diagnosed with HPV. I am also due to have a biopsy, this is my second one since last december. Last year after the first biopsy, they told me I was at "high-risk" for hpv, which means I had to continue to get paps every 3 months just to keep an eye on it. Now after all my follow-up paps, I need to have another biopsy because they have found HPV. I have had all my Gardasil shots, but they only protect against the 4 most deadly, aggressive strains, there are about 100 strains. I probably have one of the other 90 somethings. Believe me when I found this out, I freaked out and was very upset about it. But, I spoke to a nurse friend of mine and she did some research at her hospital and found out that in the worst case senario, they find pre-cancerous cells, but they can be removed. While this is scary, the fact that I keep up on my pap smears is a good thing! But, let me tell you, cancer in the cervix takes years to grow and also, if you become infected with HPV, it can also lay dormant, meaning it's there but not active, and may not show up on paps for years. That's why is it best to stay on top of paps. I did some research on the internet and found out that if you are in a monogomous relationship, you and your partner will not keep "ping-ponging" HPV back and forth because your body develops not an immunity, but a type of resistance to the strain. I don't know detail for detail, but try this website for info, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (ASCCP). Also try web md, I was able to find info on both sites. I am going for my second biopsy next week and we'll see what happens. Hope this helps. Good Luck and remember there are a lot of us in the same boat.
    Last edited by PUMPKIN4; 11-06-2007, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66
    • Reply to Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

I second Alison H.'s post.

I'm afraid I know very little about Perimenopause anxiety, but Alison's post makes sense. I do hope you find the...

05-19-2020, 01:45 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to My Heart's Desire

I have re-published my book "Welcome To Hell". It's awesome. It is a hardback and is A4 size. I have another book in print called "Gobbledegook"...

05-19-2020, 01:42 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to My Passion For Creativity And Art Is Making Me Feel Really Lonely

I've always been artistic: and always will be. I was always good at art, although I never excelled in painting. But I use my artistic imagination to write...

05-19-2020, 01:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to isolated as a family

So sorry your family has lost the dog. Such a terrible time.

I have been enjoying watching the neighborhood kids play the last few weeks....

05-17-2020, 06:41 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
    • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
    • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
      he's at higher risk
      his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
    Working...
    X