Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painful lump next to episiotomy site

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Painful lump next to episiotomy site

Hello! I am new to the site and hope it can be of some help! I gave birth to a baby girl almost 11 months ago. I had to have a episiotomy and a few days later a painful lump appeared next to the episiotomy site. It is bruised and red around the area of the lump. It filled with fuid and I went into the Dr. He said he didn**t know what it was. It will go away and just be a bruised area and you can feel a small lump and then when I get sick or really stressed it fills up again and the whole area becomes very red and the lump is VERY painful! I have mentioned it to my Dr several times and he just keeps brushing it off. I don**t know what to do. I looked up bartholin cysts and thought maybe that was it because it looked to be right where the bartholin glands are but after looking at pictures I don**t think that**s it. My lips are not whre it is swollen, it is right between my vaginal opening and anus, right next to where my episiotomy was. The hospital where I gave birth has had a lot of problems with staff infections so I**m not sure if that could be the cause. If anyone has any information I would really really appreciate it! It has been 11 months with this problem and I don**t know what to do anymore!! Thanks!!

• Could it possibly be an infected stitch? One that did not dissolve and possibly trying to work it's way out?
    There is a method to my madness ........ I just haven't found it yet.

Comment

• To be totally honest I**m not sure. It doesn**t seem like an infected stitch because it is not directly on the episiotomy site. It is about a half an inch to the left. I**m so frustrated and scared it could be something serious since it**s not going away. I went to my gyn, reg dr, and to the ER back in Jan when it was first starting and they all had no idea what it could be. Like I said I**ve mentioned it to my gyn several more times and he has just brushed it off. I have spent hours doing research, but have found nothing.

Comment

• Lump

It's funny but I have the same thing that popped up 2 or 3 days ago. It's a painful lump the size of chestnut just to the right of my episiotomy, but I haven't had a recent childbirth. It hurts most to stand but nothing is comfortable. I also looked up the cyst but it does seem to be in the wrong place. All the terrible things are running through my mind as they are yours. I am making an appointment with my gyno and will let you know what they tell me. I can't take much more. Have you had a urinary infection lately? I believe I had one recently but instead of going to doc just drank a lot of cranberry juice and I felt it went away, but maybe that has something to do with it.

Comment

• I**m so sorry to hear you have the same thing! It is a little reassuring though to hear that I**m not the only one with some rare weird thing! Please let me know what the Dr says! Mine has been of no help! I do not believe I have had a recent UTI, but I have a lot of gynecological problems. I have sever endometriosis, ovarian cyts, abnormal paps... the whole nine yards! Good luck at your appt and let me know what you find out!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Personally, I love all the different styles. But having a little hair shows maturity, and I find that sexy. My personal favorite is my wife keeping a...

05-21-2020, 09:30 AM By Zeus_66
          • Reply to Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

I second Alison H.'s post.

I'm afraid I know very little about Perimenopause anxiety, but Alison's post makes sense. I do hope you find the...

05-19-2020, 01:45 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to My Heart's Desire

I have re-published my book "Welcome To Hell". It's awesome. It is a hardback and is A4 size. I have another book in print called "Gobbledegook"...

05-19-2020, 01:42 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to My Passion For Creativity And Art Is Making Me Feel Really Lonely

I've always been artistic: and always will be. I was always good at art, although I never excelled in painting. But I use my artistic imagination to write...

05-19-2020, 01:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to isolated as a family

So sorry your family has lost the dog. Such a terrible time.

I have been enjoying watching the neighborhood kids play the last few weeks....

05-17-2020, 06:41 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Treatment for Perimenopause Anxiety?

Hello guys, What to do about perimenopause symptoms. Several treatments have been studied for managing perimenopausal symptoms. I am confuse, Please help...

05-13-2020, 08:43 AM By Heyperry
          • isolated as a family

husband, preteen, and I have been isolated from others for weeks now

at a loss for how to fill that "peer" need for preteen...

05-08-2020, 11:20 PM By amy40
          • Lulu.com

Is an online bookshop, where everyone self publishes their work. If you're interested, then Google it.

As I always say, this is NOT spam:...

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Dr & what would u do if anything

husband needed Dr note to continue work at home
            he's at higher risk
            his longtime Dr did not want to get involved & said if he gave note,...

05-04-2020, 01:35 AM By amy40
          Working...
          X