Women's Health Interactive Forums

  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Ovary/Fallopian Pain

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ovary/Fallopian Pain

    In December 2011 I noticed I started "cramping" around my period which had never happened before, and I had been menstruating regularly for the past 6 years. The next month it was a little worse, and it just gradually kept getting worse and worse until it hurt almost 24/7. I went to the doctor and she said it was hormones balancing out and put me on birth control. Six months later it was still really bad, birth control didn't help anything but pretty much making my period non-existent. I went back to her and she had me get an ultrasound to check for endometriosis, she said it was all good. Later I learned you actually can't see endometriosis on an ultrasound, you can only see it through a laparoscopy. So, I went to a gynecologist who said she would bet her career it was a bacterial infection. I took antibiotics for like a week and it still didn't do anything. I'm having trouble finding a good gynecologist that I can trust and an answer to my problem. My pain is mostly my ovaries, it feels like someone is trying to rip them out slowly or like frenzied piranhas are trying to eat them. Both my left and right sides hurt. The pain is sometimes like a pulsating pain, sometimes it is both sides simultaneously, sometimes it is alternating. The pain causes nausea and has actually made me throw up so much it came out my nose. On my left side sometimes the pain shoots straight up from my ovary to my ribs. I have no idea what it is, does anyone else have any ideas? Or does anyone happen to know of a good gynecologist in the Artesia/Carlsbad/Roswell New Mexico area?

  • Definitely sounds like it could be endometriosis. The only way to properly diagnose it is with surgery.



    Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

    Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

    Latest Posts in Our Forums


    • Reply to LIES

      I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

      Today, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to LIES

      I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol


      Yesterday, 10:23 AM By amy40
    • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

      I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

      Yesterday, 04:22 AM By atskitty2
    • Reply to Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

      Welcome to Women's Health Interactive Forums. Could you go into the details a bit more? Not just the physical aspects but also how you relate to each...

      07-30-2020, 03:44 PM By jns
    • Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

      Hi, My husband has been suffering from Pre Mature Ejaculation problem. Because it is breaking our relationship. Need advice on how to get rid of it.

      07-30-2020, 02:16 PM By mitu017

    Latest Topics in Our Forums