Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do i "have to" go to a gynecologist? can i never go again?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• do i "have to" go to a gynecologist? can i never go again?

when i've gone its been embarrassing.
    i go too wet and roused when even gloved hands touch there.
    so i switched to a female gynecologist and again it happened and even worse gasm reactions.
    is it ok if i never go again?

• It's not the best for your physical health but if you need to do it for your mental health until you are ready then most likely nothing will go wrong. I refused gyno exams for that reason until I wanted an IUD about 4 years ago and I'd been having sex and on birth control pills for 7 years. By the time I got done with all the exams, shoving the IUD in there, further exams because it was causing problems, and then having it pulled out because it had partially come out I no longer have an issue with exams. I'd still rather avoid them but it's not a big deal anymore. Now that I'm married they don't even want to do preventative exams very often. Every few years and I've avoided it so far.

Planned parenthood at least used to do something called a HOPE exam. Dunno what the meaning behind it is. It's a way to get birth control and talk to a doctor about concerns without having an actual exam beyond checking the basics like heart rate, blood pressure, temp... I did that a few times. They do talk to you about sexual abuse and if there is anything in your past that makes you nervous about having a full exam. That was annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by kira View Post
      It's not the best for your physical health but if you need to do it for your mental health until you are ready then most likely nothing will go wrong. I refused gyno exams for that reason until I wanted an IUD about 4 years ago and I'd been having sex and on birth control pills for 7 years. By the time I got done with all the exams, shoving the IUD in there, further exams because it was causing problems, and then having it pulled out because it had partially come out I no longer have an issue with exams. I'd still rather avoid them but it's not a big deal anymore. Now that I'm married they don't even want to do preventative exams very often. Every few years and I've avoided it so far.

Planned parenthood at least used to do something called a HOPE exam. Dunno what the meaning behind it is. It's a way to get birth control and talk to a doctor about concerns without having an actual exam beyond checking the basics like heart rate, blood pressure, temp... I did that a few times. They do talk to you about sexual abuse and if there is anything in your past that makes you nervous about having a full exam. That was annoying.
      thanks i'd be ok with blood pressure/heatrate. i will go for that

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X