Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abnormal Pap Nightmare!!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Abnormal Pap Nightmare!!!!!!

I have a history of abormal paps and it has me really confused! Ill try to make this brief. My first abnormal pap was when I was 17 & done when i was expecting my 1st child. Based on all the research i did, i was convinced i had HPV. The Dr. Then performed a UV test to look for HPV and said it came back clear, at which time she said the results couldve been due to my pregnancy and body changes. I got another pap at 20 which was normal pre getting a mirena IUD. I never got regular paps due to insurance reasons. At 23 i visited a donationbased free clinic for a pap, which came back abnormal again. This time i had a colposocopy(sp?) & the experience was awful. No matter how much googling ive done, i simply cannot understand this procedure. In short, from my understanding, they remove pieces of tissue until there is no longer abnormal cells. The procedure was done in this shotty clinic, & was PAINFUL. They basically took a large piece of tissue from my vagina, which i can still feel an indentation from on the inside. The nurse urged i get another in 6 months...but i put it off for a year. Yet again, abormal pap, which she said was moderate dysplasia...whatever that means.Terrified to get a colposocpy again due to the pain, i refused to get another 6 months after that. The clinic then harassed me at work, on my phone, & even sent me certified mail. The clinic never specified what waswrong, which also bothered me. The nurse explained every abnormal pap id get would require another colposcopy until i did get a "normal" pap. In my mind, this terrified me, as it sounded like cervical/vaginal mutiliation until the problem is supposedly "solved" so to speak. The whole thing just made little sense to me. Im no doctor, but cutting different parts of tissue hoping that is the source of the abnormal cells, & if not, do it again seems so strange to me.If its HPV, thats fine, but id like to be told so, or at leased what strain it likely is as i dont have warts. Or if the strain is likely cancerous in the future or not. I would much rather have an early hysterectamy if i have a dangerous form of whatever it is. Anyway, my question for you all is, what does it sound like i have? Is there testing available for HPV and/or strands? What should i do? Im not expecting another baby at 25 years old and due for a pap next week. I know the results before its even done, based on my experience.

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X