Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loss of Period

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of Period

I am 25 years old. I am small, at 4'11" and 110-115lbs. I have not gained or lost or gained enough to get outside that bracket in a long while. I do not smoke or drink. Nothing super stressful is going on in my life... No more than usual at least.
    I have had a Mirena IUD for the last 7 years. I had it put in after I had my son. I loved it, and had no issues. I also had no periods while it was in.
    It was removed early June. Then had periods on...
    July 3rd-8th
    Aug 4th-9th
    Sept 10th-15
    And none following... I have taken 4-5 home pregnancy tests and none have shown positive. I have even asked for a blood test when they tested my thyroid recently (Blood test showed negative and my thyroid was fine)
    I am a bit concerned about it not having come again. Its been over 2 months at this point. I do not feel pregnant... No nausea or breast tenderness....
    At what point should I begin to worry? What could be wrong, if it is not pregnancy? At what point should I go see the OB?

• So basically, you've skipped one period so far, and possibly another one if you don't go ahead and start this month?

If that's the case, I wouldn't be overly concerned. There are things that can cause you to skip ovulation which results in skipping a period. I would give it another full cycle and see if you go ahead and start. If you don't, then I'd probably schedule an OP appointment just to discuss. But, be prepared that your OB will most likely recommend BC again.
    "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to LIES

amy40 I'm curious how you can tell they're lying and know this with any degree of certainty?...

Today, 01:37 PM By atskitty2
    • Reply to LIES

I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

Today, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Reply to LIES

I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol

Yesterday, 10:23 AM By amy40
    • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

Yesterday, 04:22 AM By atskitty2
    • Reply to Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

Welcome to Women's Health Interactive Forums. Could you go into the details a bit more? Not just the physical aspects but also how you relate to each...

07-30-2020, 03:44 PM By jns

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X