Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaginal odors that smell like ammonia or vinegar...leading me to thoughts of suicide?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaginal odors that smell like ammonia or vinegar...leading me to thoughts of suicide?

ive been dealing with a very strong odor from my vagina since i was 15. at first it came very very strong. like if you were 5 feet away from me you could still smell it. since then it has calmed a bit but its still so strong. if i sit "Indian style" i can smell it and sometimes so can others. my urine has a strong smell to it like ammonia and people say they can smell it after i use the bathroom or change my clothes and leave a room. i have a thick-ish discharge and alot of it. also when i wear black underwear my discharge will BLEACH the underwear almost white. ive been to the obgyn many times and EACH TIME i either get meds for a bladder infection or uti and they DO NOT HELP. they test me for yeast\bv and i dont come back with anything like that (even though that seems like this could be like that...) i am a virgin (never even kissed anybody) so i know its not stds. recently ive noticed that some of my sweat (like around my boobs or around my feet) smells strong of vinegar. the smell it pretty consistent. im almost 18 and ive researched this so many times it makes me depressed. about how some women will deal with this for decades and their husbands wont touch them. its gotten to the point where ive had thoughts of suicide because no one seems to have answers for me and when i ask questions i feel like people just shrug their shoulders. i feel like im going to be alone all my life and have this forever. (i have a strong history of anxiety and depression btw) i just dont know what to do??

• One thing I can suggest is that you look at your diet. You may have an intolerance to certain foods that manifests itself in the manner you describe. Start my eliminating dairy foods for two week, see if you notice a change. If no change try eliminating yeast, then red meats, then fish etc. Try eliminating strong spices, the curries or chili peppers. While you are cycling through the various foods in two week intervals, drink lots of water to help flush things through your system. Stay off of soda pop, wine or alcohol.

It is not normal to have such a strong urine smell. The uterine discharge could be BV and your doctor can treat that with drugs. It may take some time to get everything under control but you can start now.
    That which we forget may as well never really happened.

Comment

• I think Claret's suggestions are great. Just drinking plenty of water should dilute the smell of both your vaginal discharge and your sweat.

While it's normal to feel upset that your body isn't acting the way you want, you should probably speak with a mental health professional concerning your thoughts of suicide. Starting treatment for your anxiety and depression (or adjusting any current treatments) could really help your quality of life.
      <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• I think you need to take some herbal nutrients for this problem. My friend also have same problem and she told me about it. She was so depressed like you and after sometime someone suggest her vagifirm herbal pills (vaginal-tightening-pills dot com). It is natural herbal product. After sometime she feel better with this and she took this regular. You are also need to take care about your dieting, eat water based meals, drinking water regular and use vaginal cleansing regular.
        Hope this will help you..
        Thanks
        Last edited by jns; 12-14-2016, 06:17 PM. Reason: Outbound links are not allowed.

Comment

• SF, i peeked through a medical site and found some possible causes, but am putting here options/remedies.
          Treatments for the Ammonia Smell

The treatment options for getting rid of the ammonia smell in urine is dependent upon the cause
          • An easy first treatment is to increase daily water intake to approximately 10 to 12 cups of water, in order to dilute the urine.
          • Alternatively, if your diet is the cause of the ammonia smell in your urine then dietary changes may be necessary to treat the condition. It may take a few days for changes to your diet.
          • If medications, vitamins, or nutritional supplements are causing the ammonia smell in your urine, you should consider not taking them if they are not medically necessary as well as increasing your intake of water.
          • If these changes fail to remedy the condition within a few days you should seek medical attention.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to LIES

amy40 I'm curious how you can tell they're lying and know this with any degree of certainty?...

Today, 01:37 PM By atskitty2
          • Reply to LIES

I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

Today, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to LIES

I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol

Yesterday, 10:23 AM By amy40
          • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

Yesterday, 04:22 AM By atskitty2
          • Reply to Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

Welcome to Women's Health Interactive Forums. Could you go into the details a bit more? Not just the physical aspects but also how you relate to each...

07-30-2020, 03:44 PM By jns

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X