Women's Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long until yeast infection symptoms go away?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long until yeast infection symptoms go away?

Hi ladies,

I'm currently dealing with a yeast infection. I've never had one before; it was confirmed by my OBGYN on Monday, who said it was probably caused by starting the pill. She recommended Monistat 3. The Monistat burned and made it so much worse, so she said that I could try clotrimazole instead. I picked up a 3 day kit and last night was the third night of treatment.

My symptoms are much better, but the itch is still there, though not nearly as bad as it was before. The swelling has gone down and it no longer burns when I urinate, so I guess that's a good sign. I'm just wondering if, since I just finished the treatment, all symptoms should be gone, or if it will take a few more days. Should I use the clotrimazole again until they're gone? Or just leave it alone? I would call my doctor again but it's the weekend. I don't want to stop the treatment if I should be continuing it tonight.

• Definitely something to ask the doctor about, I haven't used two kits in a row before, it could possibly cause irritation. I had terrible pain using Monistat 7 once, too. I have chronic yeast infections and have battled with an almost constant one for years, the over-the-counter treatments never worked for me for long. The last time I went to an OBGYN, she prescribed fluconazole; it was a one-time pill that really seemed to nuke the infection and I haven't had much of a problem at all for months. If you continue to have symptoms even after the clotrimazole treatment, you might consider asking your doctor about fluconazole. In the meantime, some things that may help soothe the irritation are tree tree oil cream/suppositories, or RepHresh probiotics and vaginal gel. Good luck!

Comment

• Symptoms should be gone. There's a chance your body is starting to balance back out again and will take care of the rest of the infection on it's own but usually you want to use the meds until it is completely gone. I do not suggest going off label and using multiple packs without a doctor but often for me it required a 1 day monistat just to be able to get through the first day, 3 day clotrimazole, and it might be gone or I might have to repeat something or use tioconazole (vagistat). I had very very stubborn yeast infections. It's all gone now. Apparently I was walking around with 2 bacterial infections. Constant urinary tract infection but without the burning so I didn't realize it and an infection in my back that required surgery.

Comment

or

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to LIES

I don't tend to lie as such: but I will tactfully tell the truth/bend the truth, so as to not hurt the other person's feelings. Sometimes you HAVE to...

Today, 09:05 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to LIES

I'm an open book person & feel compelled to "confess" things to husband like if I think some man I saw is good-looking, lol

Yesterday, 10:23 AM By amy40
      • Reply to Have You Heard Of An Amicable Divorce? Let's Discuss.

I agree 100%. I wished many times that my parents had just divorced and moved on. I think my mother would be miserable regardless, but I think Dad could...

Yesterday, 04:22 AM By atskitty2
      • Reply to Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

Welcome to Women's Health Interactive Forums. Could you go into the details a bit more? Not just the physical aspects but also how you relate to each...

07-30-2020, 03:44 PM By jns
      • Pre Mature Ejaculation problem

Hi, My husband has been suffering from Pre Mature Ejaculation problem. Because it is breaking our relationship. Need advice on how to get rid of it.

07-30-2020, 02:16 PM By mitu017

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X