Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

full body reaction

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• full body reaction

oh brother,
    2 weeks ago i broke out in a whole body hive reaction
    my doctor gave me a shot and singular and prednisone and cimetidine and hydrozyzine. i went in today for allergy testing and the allergy doctor told me a skin test would do no good and thus wasnt going to do one. so basically i left with no more information then i went with and i took the day off work cause i thought i was going to break out on purpose. sigh
    I told the doctor what i thought cause it and she basically told me that if something touches your skin your whole body wont react only the part that got touched.
    :(ASH:(

• Well that's probably correct.

Usually, if you come out in hives, it's something you've eaten that your actually allergic to.

My boyfriends niece came out in welts the other night, she had a vegetarian pasta and thought it was the sundried tomatoes.

But, last night I cooked pasta with tomatoes, herbs, chicken, prawns, roast pumpkin and fried leek and she started to come out again.

So, for her, she has to eat a tomato and see if that was it, and if not it is pasta. She wasn't alergic to it but it appears it's one or the other and now she is.

So, it's an olimination process.

What did you eat before you broke out?

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• In that case, you need to avoid hot baths or showers. And then avoid irritating the area with tight-fitting clothing. Some doctor suggest antihistamines.

Comment

• Full body reactions can occur with bug bites, bee stings, ingestion of medication or foods that one is sensitive to. Sometimes we develop allergies over time after repeated exposures to things. For example, someone was not allergic to milk or cheeses or yogurt (basically anything dairy) their entire life. He ate pizza three times a day, every day, for about 13 to 15 years. At age 19 he began getting sick everyday and unable to participate in the activities that he enjoyed. Then after some tests were performed it was found that he had developed an allergy to cassein, an enzyme found in milk. The cheese on the pizza was making him sick. That's an extraordinary case however the point is that one can develope allergies to things later in life that they were never allergic to. Just like my former colleague from Vietnam. She had eaten shrimp (prawns) all of her life and then one day she had a reaction. Anaphylaxis. Someone should be able to help you determine what is causing your reactions. Keep Benadryl (diphenhydramine) around you all of the time in the case you have a reaction. Take Benadryl as instructed on the package and seek medical attention if the reaction doesn't get better or if the reaction started as an inability to breathe easily or if it progresses to such.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

I like a light scent, nothing over powering and usually a natural smell, like a floral. I do have a bottle of a Calvin Klein fragrance, I think it is....

Today, 06:36 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to Eyebrows!

I groom my brows. I pluck to maintain a nice, clean shape, then fill in some thinning areas with a powder or pencil. That's about it. Color matching is...

Today, 06:33 PM By atskitty2
        • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Who is to say that your mother/sisters/grandmother and whoever else suffers from migraines don't ALSO have food allergies or food intolerances? Those...

Today, 09:56 AM By Ashlee T.
        • Reply to Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Thanks Ashlee! It's funny you mention that because I actually have SIBO and have been trying to address food issues to see what might be the culprit....

Today, 08:22 AM By lp84
        • Reply to Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

Hi jehand. I have removed the link in your post. Outbound linking is not permitted here.

Have you been checked for uterine fibroids? My...

Today, 08:00 AM By Ashlee T.

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• What Is Your Favourite Perfume?

Mine is Clinique Happy.

Over to you!

Today, 05:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Eyebrows!

What's YOUR style? Bold and full? Thin and groomed? I keep mine the latter. Still, full brows look fabulous on many women and I love the eyebrow makeup/grooming...

Today, 05:47 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Birth Control / Migraines, etc.

Hi Guys!

Wondering if I can get some advice here. I was on Yasmin for years and about a year ago switched to Lo Loestrin because my...

Yesterday, 09:59 AM By lp84
        • Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Yesterday, 05:40 AM By jehand
        • Do You Love Ireland?

I fell in love with Ireland years and years ago. It is a magical place and I have such nostalgia when I think of my times there.

If you ever...

Today, 05:32 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X