Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitamin C, Quercetin, and Nettle Leaf

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Vitamin C, Quercetin, and Nettle Leaf

I have been doing some research, and I have heard these 3 things, Vitamin C, oh, and also, B6, Quercetin, and Nettle leaf all block histamines. Has anybody tried these for allergies and noticed a difference??

• It is okay to take Vitamin C or B6 supplements, it is by no means a cure for anything. Of them all vitamin C has the most all around benefit for more than possibly keeping allergies under a bit of control. Other methods are often called pseudoscience methods because reliable scientific evidence to back things up are rarely found. A lot of those types of things work by the placebo effect, you take something and you feel better even though scientifically there is no reasoning behind it. Feeling good is obviously a good thing though and not necessarily bad in the overall grand scheme of things. However be careful of blogs reporting that this or that is an "immediate cure" or "always a cure" or things along those lines. Herbal methods are still drugs and taking a random herb because a blogger did is very dangerous, especially when very few people who write blog-type (or similar) herbal cure methods have zero reliable education. Exercise caution when reading things on the internet as taking the wrong herb, from a person who is only interested in grabbing money, can land a person in the hospital.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Yep, tried all of them and got no reduction in symptoms whatsoever, sorry. The nettle gave me very, very dry painful skin too so be careful of that if you try it.

Comment

• I've been using nettle for allergies and colds for about two years now. It is very effective and I highly recommend it.

Comment

• Haven't tried the nettle. Locally produced, unpasteurized honey works well for me though.

Comment

• The Quercetin is a nutrient called a bioflavonoid that occurs naturally in some vegetables and fruits, giving them their color. It is believed to have antioxidant properties, and research done in test tubes found quercetin helpful for preventing immune cells from releasing histamines,

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Any remedy to kill cramps during periods?

I’m 22 years old, and my cramps have always been very bad to the point that I throw up and miss school or practice. Is something wrong with me, because...

Today, 05:40 AM By jehand
            • Superfetation

Is it possible to conceive again while already pregnant? Check out superfetation. Wikipedia has information about a 2017 case.

Yesterday, 01:11 AM By jns
            • Introduction

Hello Everyone!
              I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
            • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
            • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
              Mistress Of All Evil
              Poor Unfortunate Soul
              The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            Working...
            X