Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ecoli Infection?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Ecoli Infection?

I love traveling and i discovered that this ecoli infection can cause traveller’s diarrhoea, from bacterial infection, which is responsible for 80-85% of all cases; viral infection, which is records 10-15% of TD cases; and parasites with 2-10% record. But the number one cause of this illness, with highest rate of recorded cases is due to special type of bacterium called E. coli (Escherichia coli) with strains of Enterotoxigenic (ETEC) or E. coli ETEC. 40 to 75% of all travellers’ diarrhoea cases are generally caused by ecoli infection. Any homemade remedy that can ease the pain.

• Not a thing other than try to flush it out by drinking a lot of water. Absolutely no playing around with 'remedies' should occur when dealing with an infection because adding a certain herbal "cure" or supplement can act as a growth stimulant for the infecting bacteria. If a serious infection has occurred a person needs to visit a doctor for an antibiotic prescription. Otherwise they are going to be left in pain. Most infections occur so frequently that people do not even notice. E. coli is absolutely everywhere so our immune system is pretty good at riding of it on it's own however people misusing antibiotics has resulted in resistant strains of E.coli which must be treated by a doctor with different types of antibiotics.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Comment

• Escherichia coli is one of the many groups of bacteria that live in the intestines of healthy humans and most warm-blooded animals. E. coli bacteria help maintain the balance of normal intestinal flora against harmful bacteria and synthesize or produce some vitamins.

The transmission of these bacteria to humans may occur in the following manner:

1. Meat, such as beef from cows, may become contaminated when organisms are accidently mixed in with beef, especially when it is ground. Meat contaminated with E. coli O157:H7 does not smell and looks normal. It is important to thoroughly cook the beef.
      2. Infection may occur after swimming in or drinking water that has been contaminated with E. coli O157:H.
      3. Person-to-person contact in families and in child-care and other institutional-care centers are also places where the transmission of the bacteria can occur.

Symptoms:

1.abdominal cramps
      2.severe bloody diarrhea
      3.non-bloody diarrhea
      4.little to no fever
      5.fatigue
      6.nausea
      7.hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) — a serious complication that can lead to kidney failure and death

Comment

• Escherichia coli (E. coli) are bacteria that live naturally in the intestines of cattle, poultry and other animals. Most E. coli are harmless to humans, but some varieties carry genes that allow them to cause disease.

People can contract an E. coli infection by drinking contaminated water, eating fruit or vegetables that have been watered with contaminated water, drinking unpasteurized milk, or eating undercooked ground meat.

Comment

• Preventing the spread of E.coli involves being diligent in cooking and cleaning. All meat (esp. beef) must be cooked thoroughly. Meat that is "done" has an internal temperature of 160 degrees in its thickest part. The reason why E.coli is found in beef is because cows-even healthy ones-can carry the bacteria in their intestines.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X