• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alcohol allergy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol allergy?

Hi guys,

For as long as I can remember drinking Tia Maria and Baileys (any kind) results in me sneezing. It's not even that I drink a lot of it, one sip can make me start. I don't think I have any other side effects, except the things that normally go with sneezes like a stuffy nose and watery eyes.

It doesn't particularly bother me, I' just curious as to why it happens. Have any of you experienced anything like this?

Sounds like a mild food intolerance - maybe look at the ingredients in both and see what's common but not in most foods, could be like a dairy type flavouring if it's only these drinks that cause it...? I'm sure the sneezing is never bad as the hangover!

Comment

Alcohol allergic reaction rarely occurs among people with strong physique and if it does occur, it is usually mild. Additionally, the reaction is depended on the immunity of the person.

Comment

Originally posted by Lina001 View Post
        Alcohol allergic reaction rarely occurs among people with strong physique and if it does occur, it is usually mild. Additionally, the reaction is depended on the immunity of the person.
        yes exactly....100% agree

Comment

I have been sneezing on couple of sips of baileys doing my head in, and guiness too, whatever is in both of them is making me sneeze, no one occurance have i not

Comment

Interesting, never heard of it, but I would guess that some ingredients cause your allergic reaction, if the sneezing does not occur when you consume other drinks.

Comment

Everyone's different and you happen to have an allergy to alcohol. I don't drink myself and don't want to. Look on the bright side: while you're sober and in control your friends are drunk and out of control. You're luckier than you realize.

Comment

Working...
              X