Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ear Allergy or infection

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Ear Allergy or infection

My ENT has always cleared me during checkups, but I have had this persistent irritation in my right ear for some time. It starts and ends abruptly. I suspect it could be from some ear plugs, but I am careful in their usage. It would be helpful if someone with a similar problem could advise.

• It could be wax. The ear plugs could be pushing it in.

I thought I had an ear infection once. The irritation gradually increased over a few days. Eventually it became pressure, then pain.

I went to an ear, nose, and throat doctor. He got this hooked, flat pick and dug into my ear canal and pulled out a bunch of wax. My head felt like a deflating balloon. I hug my male friends and family, because I want to show my love and it seems like the right thing. But that was the only time I really felt moved to embrace a man. I didn't though.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• What kind of irritation?
      [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by Stillness View Post
        It could be wax. The ear plugs could be pushing it in.

I thought I had an ear infection once. The irritation gradually increased over a few days. Eventually it became pressure, then pain.

I went to an ear, nose, and throat doctor. He got this hooked, flat pick and dug into my ear canal and pulled out a bunch of wax. My head felt like a deflating balloon. I hug my male friends and family, because I want to show my love and it seems like the right thing. But that was the only time I really felt moved to embrace a man. I didn't though.
        Thank you dear. Just had a check up, it was a mild case of ear infection. Some ear drops and it feels to be ok now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
          What kind of irritation?
          Jen it was like an itching sensation but now after the application of a few drops it seems to have gone away. I was doing some research on this and found that ear plugs and head phones are the biggest culprits in case of ear infections and bugs. So I am being careful about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoolBreeze View Post
            Jen it was like an itching sensation but now after the application of a few drops it seems to have gone away. I was doing some research on this and found that ear plugs and head phones are the biggest culprits in case of ear infections and bugs. So I am being careful about them.
            Good to know. Happy you're getting better.
            "Those sowing seed with tears
            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
            • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
            • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
            • Hello All

Hi everyone,
              I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
            • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
            Working...
            X