• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a vaginal yeast infection or something else?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it a vaginal yeast infection or something else?

I've recently suffered from itching and irritation around my vagina. I'm not sure whether it's a yeast infection or something else. But the irritation becomes so intense at night that wakes me up many times in the night and urges me to scratch it. I also experience thick and white discharge that smells like yeast. I stopped using all of my feminine hygiene products and tried washing my vagina with warm salt water, but the itchiness is still there. Do I have a vaginal yeast infection, allergy or something else? Is there anything that can help with this? Please, help me!

Your description is the classic symptoms of a yeast infection. Have you sought out medication for this? Maybe one of the other admins has some advice. Claret , Beautiful Disaster , atskitty2 ?
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

It sounds like a yeast infection to me. Call your doc to get an appointment just to confirm with a swab before starting any treatment.
      Treatment is available at drug stores.

Comment

jenniferlan is this something that started all of a sudden or has it been coming on for a while? Can you take a mirror and have a look at your lady bits? If you see a whiteish colouration to your skin in a figure 8 pattern, or if your skin is bruised in any way or if you have small cuts, you could have something called Lichen Sclerosis. This is a non-STD, auto-immune disease, affects both men and women.

If the itching is caused by the discharge, it could as jns and atskitty said be a yeast infection.

Yeast infections can be treated well with medication. If it is a yeast infection and you have a partner, you must treat both persons as it can be transferred back and forth.

Comment

Thanks for all your helpful advice!
          Yesterday I went to a local drug store for treatment. The pharmacist told me that I might have a yeast infection and gave me a topical cream called Fugacil to put on my vagina. After several applications, I feel a little better now. The itching and irritation "down there" decrease visibly. She said that this drug can clear my infection in 2-3 days, but I also need to pay attention to my diet. Now I'm trying to eat healthy and take care of my vagina to stop it.

Comment

Jennifferlan I have a web site for you to look at it might be the solution to the issue that you have describedd Sincerly, Richard you might have to copy and paste it into your browser >>>>>>edited to remove outbound link.
            Last edited by Claret; 02-20-2018, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Yes, it's possible for you to get a yeast infection. There are a number of physical signs that may indicate a yeast infection. The most common symptoms include:
              1. Thick, white, odor-free vaginal discharge with a cottage cheese appearance
              2. Vaginal pain and soreness
              3. A burning sensation, especially during intercourse or while urinating
              4. Itching and irritation in the vagina and at the entrance to the vagina (vulva)
              5. Redness and swelling of the vulva
              Yeast infections can be cured with antifungal medicines that include Creams, Tablets, Ointments or suppositories that are inserted into the vagina or herbal medicine like Fuyan Pill.
              Remember that you should only treat a yeast infection yourself if you are fully confident in your diagnosis. Some oral treatment like single-dose tablet of the antifungal medication fluconazole (Diflucan) is usually prescribed by a doctor as the treatment. Relief can be expected within the first 12-24 hours. However, as we all know, antibiotics will cause drug resistance that means it may relieve the symptoms in certain time but may occur recurrently if patients stop taking it. Herbal therapy like Fuyan Pill is another alternative option. It is made from Chinese herbs without any side effects and drug resistance.
              Are you also on yeast free diet? No bread, cakes etc? Do you still take antibiotics on and off? For probiotics, you need to take culturelle brand. I had yeast infection before. I took garlic pills or garlic cloves, oregano oil and culturelle. I was on an yeast and sugar free diet for 6 mths. It takes a lot of discipline and determination, it can be cured.
              I also had urinary tract infection. When I was on the diet and taking these pills, my yeast and urinary tract infection was gone for gd. It was better than taking antibiotics and yeast medication, which did not help at all.

Comment

Working...
              X