Breast cancer? Please view

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breast cancer? Please view

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Breast cancer? Please view

I'm so scared. I joined the website just to ask this question. Where I currently am, it's winter. I have dry skin on my face, elbows, and my breasts. I read online that itchy nipples can be a sign of breast cancer. But that's all I have. No redness (until I itch it and itch it too hard), no swelling, no pain, nothing. I'm only 17 and I'm just very scared.... I felt my breasts and there isn't an "lumps". I know some of you may be thinking that I'm crazy because of dry skin but my mom's Aunt was diagnosed with it about 2 and a half years ago. Thoughts?

********ALSO, I have DD 36 cup size, and I'm 140 pounds. So I'm not terribly unhealthy. My mom said it's because my boobs are STILL growing (which I believe, they will grow often. And everyone in my family has huuuuge breasts.)
    Last edited by Kyra Turner; 01-29-2014, 11:18 PM.

• Hi Kyra

It sounds to me like dermatitis which is caused by an allergic reaction to soaps and not enough moisture.

Do you firstly drink a lot of water?

I would go to a Chemist and speak to them about over the counter cream to treat dermatitis and see if that makes a difference.

If not seek medical advice.

Welcome to the Forum.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Kyra,

Hi. A lot of people experience dry skin issues during the winter, which causes itching. Regular soap can further aggravate this condition. You can try switching to a milder soap like ivory. As crazy as it sounds, Summer's Eve body wash is great at combatting dry skin as well. Typically stores shelf it with feminine hygiene products, not with soaps. Also, applying lotion after showering helps.

I understand your concern about breast cancer. There are no lumps or unusual feeling tissue so I suspect you need not get too worked up. If you are worried, perhaps a trip to the doctor would put your mind at ease.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Euphoric View Post
        Kyra,

Hi. A lot of people experience dry skin issues during the winter, which causes itching. Regular soap can further aggravate this condition. You can try switching to a milder soap like ivory. As crazy as it sounds, Summer's Eve body wash is great at combatting dry skin as well. Typically stores shelf it with feminine hygiene products, not with soaps. Also, applying lotion after showering helps.

I understand your concern about breast cancer. There are no lumps or unusual feeling tissue so I suspect you need not get too worked up. If you are worried, perhaps a trip to the doctor would put your mind at ease.

Welcome to the forum.
        Thank you both for replying! I normally use Dove soap, Dial, and I only used SE for my "down there", but now I will try that instead.

- I normally drink only a little water a day, or not at all. Maybe, one to half a bottle of water a day.

Comment

• Don't be too pessimistic. A simple allergy to breast cancer? Have a check up and there you will know the result.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X