Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enlarged Ovary. Scared.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Enlarged Ovary. Scared.

I had a transvaginal ultrasound today and within 2 hours of leaving my doctor was calling to say that my left ovary was enlarged and I needed to see a gynecologist. They are referring me to a gyn and will be calling me to schedule something.

I'm really worried. I had the u/s initially because i had about 10 days of serious lower back pain accompanied by mild uterine cramping during non period time. That cleared up for a few days and then I got my period about 6 days early. I have it now, and of course when I had the u/s earlier today.

Should I be worried? I'm really scared. I also have frequent urination, not sure if that's a symptom too.

Edited to add I'm 34 yo and have two small kids.

• Try not to worry too much. The observed enlargement was likely a cyst of some sort. Most ovarian cysts are benign so wait until you get a more detailed investigation before you get too carried away with self diagnosis.
    “...choose to believe in your own myth
    your own glamour
    your own spell
    a young woman who does this
    (even if she is just pretending)
    has everything....”
    ― Francesca Lia Block, How to (Un)cage a Girl

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• U2 Feedback

I love U2: I checked out their website. I think some of the members were rude about U2: which was totally unfair. U2 produce great music and those insults...

09-09-2019, 09:57 AM By Popcorn&Candy
    • Diagnosis on Netflix

There are only 7 episodes, but I found this to be such an informative, interesting and eye-opening show. I was truly captivated by it and wanted to recommend...

09-05-2019, 07:43 AM By Ashlee T.
    • Is it weird that I'm addicted to giving BJs?

I know this is probably going to sound like a windup but it's a genuine question. And a warning to fellas: any comment along the lines of "come give...

09-04-2019, 06:05 PM By GillBlack
    • High Fat, High Carbohydrate, High Protein – Which Works Best?

When I was struggling to continue my progress last year, a couple of good friends started suggesting that I figure out my “macros” and “reduce carbs.”...

09-04-2019, 12:24 AM By Stillness
    • Hurricane Dorian devastation

I watched some videos from hurricane Dorian last night. I hope our members or readers in the Carribean are safe.

And I suppose our members...

09-03-2019, 07:42 AM By atskitty2
    Working...
    X