Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lips hurt after making out...

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Lips hurt after making out...

Sorry if this question isn't in the right place. I wasn't exactly sure where to put it. Anyway, this is my problem-

After making out with my boyfriend, I find that the skin around my lips is usually red, and looks a lot like how the skin around your nose looks after you've been blowing it a lot... It's rough, it stings, it's generally extremely uncomfortable. My face in general is usually pretty dry, and I have to put lotion on it everyday... It gets even more dry if I try to put water on it, etc. So, I'm thinking that the problem is most likely the fact that my boyfriend has bigger lips then I do. His mouth is also a lot wetter than mine is, and when we kiss- his lips usually dominate mine... which means there is a lot of moisture on my lips/the skin around my lips when we make out. Is that the only reason why my lips would be like this?

I thought before that it was the particular brand of chap stick that he wore... My lips would literally sting and then go numb afterwards, but once he stopped wearing it- my lips seemed fine for awhile, except after daily, frequent making out/kissing. They'd become very sensitive, and when I was putting on the lotion close to my lips, they began to sting like they use to... which makes me think that the problem wasn't the chapstick, but merely having something else ontop of my already sore lips.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? Has anyone else experienced something like this?

Thanks so much in advance!
    Last edited by KDia03; 05-28-2010, 05:56 PM.

• Does he use carmex? That could be part of the problem. Do your moisturize your lips? I personally like burt's bees products or my mary kay lip gloss.
    "When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us."
    Helen Keller

Comment

• Carmex is what he got after his original chapstick didn't work out... but he hasn't used it in months. Why could that be part of the problem? And no, I don't often moisturize my lips, but they don't often feel really dry, either... but I will think about doing that, thanks.

Comment

• Sounds like he probably isn't a very good kisser, a kiss should be with the lips, not all over your face. He needs to learn to rein it in a bit. Try sitting him down nice and comfy, tell him you are going to kiss him, you don't want him to DO anything. Then show him how you want it.

Comment

• Are his kisses very wet on the outside of your mouth? Sometimes, just like when you lick your lips too much in cold weather it can make the skin around it blister... perhaps something like that is occuring?

Does he have facial stubble or use an aftershave that your skin may be sensitive to?
          Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Comment

• Wildchild, he's actually a very good kisser. It just happens that my lips are really thin, and we happen to kiss very passionately for quite a long time... I don't think it is that he's a bad kisser who doesn't know what he's doing, but more the fact that it's just very wet tounge kissing, haha... I'm more likely to agree with Hopeless Dork, but thank you for your advice! I will think about this more the next time we kiss (we are seperated right now for the next few weeks or so, due to a three+ hour difference in where we're living during the summertime)... Perhaps I am just so inlove with him that I'm overlooking the fact that our kisses are passionate, but have a tendency to wander, hah. But thank you very much again for the advice~ :]

Hopeless Dork, it sounds very likely that it is just a lot of frequent moisture on my lips and the lip area. He has a little facial stubble, being a generally hairy guy, but he tends to do his best to shave it when I mention that it is becoming irritating to me. He's a good listener that way, and actually he was the one who re-mentioned the issue with my lips. He's probably more bothered by it then I am, as the problem only seems to occur when we're around each other daily (we like to kiss a lot, haha)~ and I'm a wierd girl who doesn't mind the soreness as much as the physical appearance that there's a problem. I'm not sure if he uses an aftershave, but I will make sure to ask him later, and get back to you. Thanks!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Reply to ***Ladies reaction to men at a nude beach/pool***

The term “business process” is used to describe the organization and structure of interrelated actions of company employees with the only purpose...

Today, 01:51 AM By driiols
            • Reply to Female pubic hair and sexuality

Last night I didn't notice my g/f hadn't shaved in a while. I wouldn't have noticed if she hadn't of brought it to my attention.

Yesterday, 06:42 PM By WaveRider
            • Reply to Have You Ever Let A Guy Cum Inside You? Do You Want To? – Discuss

Very recently my g/f told me that she has girlfriends and has known girlfriends who detested/have detested cum. My g/l loves it with the caveat that many...

Yesterday, 06:37 PM By WaveRider
            • Reply to Next revolution(s)

The extreme materialization of ourselves is expressed by locking our Self into only what the senses perceive. This becomes the only reality. As a result...

Yesterday, 06:25 PM By driiols
            • Reply to Catching up!

I am so sorry, atskitty2. You're not alone with your grief: you and your mum are going so through much. There is little I can say, but you've got your...

Yesterday, 06:24 PM By driiols

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Introduction

Hello Everyone!
              I am new to this forum.

06-27-2019, 04:40 AM By linakhonde
            • motivation

can't find the "motivation" post of mine so assuming it was started in past year & gone with rest of my last year posts that vanished mysteriously...

07-13-2019, 11:32 AM By amy40
            • Author To Check Out

Serena Valentino. She has written for Autumn Publishing:

Fairest Of All
              Mistress Of All Evil
              Poor Unfortunate Soul
              The...

07-18-2019, 08:56 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • A Woman Of Substance

By Barbara Taylor Bradford. This book was published in 1981 and is still being read today.

I am on the second chapter and am really enjoying...

07-18-2019, 08:50 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            • Doing The Laundry And Other Cleaning

Are you a cleaning god/goddess?

I clean my apartment ALL the time. Items get put in the bin, the washing up gets done daily, the laundry...

07-13-2019, 05:12 AM By Popcorn&Candy
            Working...
            X