Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round Bald Spot Cause By Bump On The Head.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Round Bald Spot Cause By Bump On The Head.

I'm posting this on behalf of my girlfriend. She had got a bump on her head about three weeks ago, it slowly went down within the weeks. She took a shower and started to brush her hair, she then noticed a bald spot on her head where the bump use to be at. She's planning to go see a dermatologist on Monday, but we're just looking for a little more advice on the subject. Thanks for any tips in advance.

• Hey Fen welcome

Can you give us more insight on how that "bumb" occured was there a chance that the hair was pulled or was it a serious bump which maybe stopped the blood for a period of time circulating ....

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• The bump appeared out of nowhere one day. It increased in size and discomfort over the next couple of weeks. There was no hair loss then. After a few weeks the bump went down significantly, but a round bald spot was left in its place. There is still a bump, but it is much smaller than it was before (about 1/3 its original size). It's just a red bump that feels itchy. The bald spot is about the size of a dime. Could having acne issues have anything to do with this?

Comment

• Haven't heard of head acne before and I have horrible acne most everywhere when not on hormones... Maybe an ingrown hair after one got damaged/pulled out somehow? A bump when it's swollen will seem bald because the skin is stretched and the hairs are farther apart. After swelling goes down though it should be mostly normal. If there was an ingrown hair that got infected it could have damaged the nearby hair follicles. Or it could be a million other things. Mystery bumps with no obvious cause are a little hard to diagnose over the internet.

3 week long potentially infected lumps near the brain are generally something you want to go see the doctor at least 2 weeks earlier for.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
        • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X