Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eyelid pain

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• eyelid pain

ok so I was eating dinner normally. When I was finished I came to lay in my bed and suddenly my eye was itchy. I went to touch it and it was in pain. I checked in the mirror and I have this almost square-ish shape thats brown, a bit swollen and in pain on my left eye lid. I didnt know what it was because I have not been hit in the eye lately and I haven't really touched my eyes much today. I tried taking ice cubes in a paper towel and hold it a bit to my eye lid. It ade it go numb but when it faded my eye still hurt. What should I do to help it. It doesn't seem serious to me but who knows. It does hurt a lot to open my eye so it is interfering with my sight.
    Please and thanks for the help

• It sounds like conjunctivitis. Wiki conjunctivitis for symptoms of various types. I once had it where my whole eye was blood red. That was scary. Maybe some medicated eye drops that soothe would help. Note most cases clear up by themselves per the wiki article.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• There are sites on the web that address problems with the eyes and eyelids. Google "Eyelid Disorders:" for one such site. I am diabetic and any problem with my eyes scare me, diabetes is the leading cause of blindness in the US. If your unsure of the problem, go the doctor.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
      ― Bodhidharma

Comment

• Well at first i thought it was just a bruise or a sty on my eye lid but its not. It got worse over night. My eyelids (both) are swollen so my eye is a good 2 sizes smaller than the other. Its completely blood shot. I keep getting this white gook in my eye that keeps coming back. Does this seem like it will clear up in its own or should I see the doctor?

Comment

• It may be you have an infection or an irritant (such as dust) or an allergen in that eye. The white gook is probably dead white blood cells. Show it to your parents and ask them what to do about it. You should probably go to a doctor just to be safe. If you were on your own and didn't have any money, I would say to go to a drug store and consult with the pharmacist about something to reduce the swelling and clear up the rest of the symptoms. Pharmacists are highly trained in medicine as they have to catch prescriptions that are counter indicated due to many reasons such as drug interaction.
          I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
          Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
          • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          Working...
          X