Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poisen Ivy

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Little
    replied
    According to Wikipedia, calamine and other itching remedies just don't work against urushiol. Google it and how it works, you'll understand why.
    Expect these scrubs to cost in the ballpark of $10/ounce.

Leave a comment:

• Cyndie32
    replied
    thanks. gonna stop at the store after work.

Leave a comment:

• LanaBear
    replied
    Caladryl is a lotion.

However, just noticed that Little and I posted at the same time. I'd go with her suggestion, with her hubby having issues it sounds like they found the right cure.

Leave a comment:

• Cyndie32
    replied
    i have tried calamine. didn't work. just got pink stuff all over. isn't caladryl just like benedryl?

Leave a comment:

• LanaBear
    replied
    Have you tried Calamine Lotion or Caladryl, something like that? I've had poison ivy/poison oak a few times and this was really the only thing that would help.

Leave a comment:

• Little
    replied
    Go to the store and buy one of the special scrubs they have for poison ivy and similar plants.
    It puts off a substance called urushiol that binds to your skin, these scrubs/soaps undo the bind so that the urushiol can wash away. Hubby is super-sensitive to these plants and we've suggested the scrubs to other people too, everyone's had great success!
    We buy ours at Walmart, but it should be at other stores too. It's NOT cheap, but worth it!!

Leave a comment:

• Cyndie32
    started a topic Poisen Ivy

Poisen Ivy

omg... was clearing the new property and apparently came in contact withsome poisen ivy.. anyone have ideas on how to ease the itching? it is not bad on my arms, neck and face but on my chest it is extremely itchy. the bra and clothing just seem to aggravate it. cant go withoutthe bra. i work in an office. any ideas? i have tried the normal oatmeal and benedry and hydrocortizone and none of those work.

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Career Mom Guilt Is Real. Have You Ever Experienced It? - Let's Discuss!

Mom guilt is real! I love my profession and I love being a mom, but sometimes balancing the two can leave us moms feeling less than enough in both....

Yesterday, 10:46 AM By Rebecca Z.
  • Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

10-21-2019, 04:33 AM By Timf
  • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

10-20-2019, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

10-20-2019, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

10-20-2019, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X