Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back pain

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Back pain

I'm in my middle 20s and have back pain. I sit at a desk all day and I have no pains at work. When I walk around there is no pain, but whenever I bend forward or bend backward or even lying, there is pain in my lower back.
    This has been going on for over couple of weeks. I haven't seen a doctor yet, but planning to.
    I'm thinking to get it checked just for peace of mind but I don't know who to go to or what tests to run?

• That's why you are not a physician...

It's the job of your primary care physician to listen then make a diagnosis based on the honest information you give to him or her.

Try not to embelish it too much and describe it much like you did to all of us above.

There are a couple of things you can do in the mean time.

1. Get on the floor on your hands and knees with the tops pf your feet resting against the floor. Now without allowing your hands to move much try placing your butt onto your heels, while allowing your head/face to fall between your arms facing the floor. Feel the stretch in your lower back.

Return to the starting position after a ten to thrity second stretch and try it again. NEVER bounce or be in a hurry. Nice and s-l-o-w...

2. Get up out of your chair at least three times each hour. Human beings in general are sitting much more than is healthy for our bodies. So get up and move around...even if you're stuck in a cubicle.

Something else you may consider trying if the pain continues or returns....change your chair. I purchased an exercise ball and I alternate it with my standard office chair. The exercise ball forces you to maintain a better posture while engaging more muscles in your back and around your spine in order to do so.

Good Luck!

Comment

• I have been doing the exercise you mention at no. 1. Heard it from one of my friends. It really doesn't help too much. It's still the same pain.
      I have called my GP and going in tomorrow. Let's see what he says...
      Thanks for your reply. Will definitely try the exercise ball as well

Comment

• A physician may help you better as you getting pain in the lower back pain. There may some sacroiliac joint issues.Start performing some stretching exercises and if you are not feeling any pain in one week than go for exercises with weights. This help you largely in reducing the joint pain.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
        • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X