Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I look pregnant? Help diagnose me...please?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• I look pregnant? Help diagnose me...please?

Hello!

For the past week (at least) my stomach has been extremely distended and hard, to the point that I look very pregnant. I'm only 17 and have always been very slim, with a very flat stomach, and now I have this big bulge in front of me. I thought that it was just regular bloating that would last a few hours a day, except that it's there 24/7, I haven't changed my diet, and it has yet to go away.

Other than that, I've been extremely tired lately but have no other symptoms (and everything bathroom wise has been in check so I don't think it's just gas bloating, either.)

During my last cycle and maybe even a week or so after, I had extreme unspecific pains on the right side of my stomach, to the point that I was waking myself up in the middle of the night and couldn't fall back asleep. I've also been having dizzy spells (although it's been a week or two since my last one) where all of the sudden I just feel nauseous.

I have no clue what's wrong with me, my stomach has never been so extended before and I have an appointment with the family doctor tomorrow. There's no way that I'm pregnant (heh, trust me) and I'm just freaking myself out by reading all of the possibilities online.

Anyways, if you have ANY idea what this could be, I'd love to share it with the doctor tomorrow! All help and/or advice is welcome and appreciated!

• Are you sexually active at all? If not its impossible.

Comment

• There's no way that I'm pregnant (heh, trust me) and I'm just freaking myself out by reading all of the possibilities online.
      I'm going to assume that you missed this bit and the part where I said I was seventeen (or else just assumed that I believed I was having a miracle baby/had no experience with sex ed) and thought that by "I look pregnant" you assumed that I actually thought I was.

I look pregnant. I am not pregnant. I do not think I am pregnant. I do not know why this is happening.

Comment

• I was going to say maybe your constipated but you said no bathroom problems.
        And I did read that but I didn't know that meant you have never had sex. I have it and I know I can't possibly pregnant too
        I'm not sure what it could be but maybe you should go to the doctor to see if something is wrong..

Comment

• Sorry, I'm stressing so bad over this, but I guess that's what you get for going on WebMD and freaking out over seeing things like "Ovarian Cancer" and Appendicitis. -sigh-

I guess I'll just see what the doctor has to say tomorrow! Thank you for your help

Comment

• Oh honey dont go to webMD it had me thinking I was going to die one time. Your symptoms sound like something I have had but I can't remember what it was.
            Your welcome

Comment

• You are likely to not be pregnant. You can't get a bump without realising that your pregnant. It's likely to be gas or something like that. Don't worry. Take a few tests (one can lie to you) and montior your periods.

Comment

• Originally posted by PattiSioux View Post
                You are likely to not be pregnant. You can't get a bump without realising that your pregnant. It's likely to be gas or something like that. Don't worry. Take a few tests (one can lie to you) and montior your periods.
                You see, when you don't actually read my problem, or even the other comments, you embarrass yourself like this.
                (especially when you try to list other possibilities that were already cleared)

Comment

• WebMD will make you feel like you're dying even if you just have a small headache or something. You are doing the right thing by going to the doctor. It is probably nothing severe. You probably don't have ovarian cancer, I have never heard of it causing bloating like that or anything. Ovarian cancer usually goes undetected until it spreads to other parts of the body. So I wouldn't worry about that, especially since you're only 17. I don't really know what could be causing your problem, though. I wish I had more advice for you.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
                  • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
                  Working...
                  X