Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Need some advice

Hello,

First of all, my name is Tina, I am currently 32 weeks pregnant!

Here's my problem that I need advice and ideas on:

For over a month now I have had this constant bitter metalic taste in mouth that no matter what I do, it will not go away! I brush, floss, use mouth wash, rinse with salt water, the taste subsides for a little bit, but returns always!

When this first started I went to see my GP Doctor, cause along with bitter taste , I started having a hoarse voice ( which I still have off and on) my tongue was white, it felt like something is in my throat when I breathe in ( still having this as well) and when I cough I feel the need to clear my throat, and after a few tries I cough up sticky hard phlegm. He prescribed me Nystatin ( turned out I don 't have thrush) and Amoxicillin for Larignitis, again I didn't have

Then I went to see my Dentist because it felt like bitter taste was coming from a crown! He didn't do anything until I had my Baby Doctor contact him and let him know what I could/could not have done! Well that weekend I was flossing and one of my crowns broke off, so I called my dentist Monday morning and got Appt that day, so he talked to my doctor and then gave me X-rays and said the crown that broke off needed to be pulled ( back tooth so no big deal) then my crowned tooth on bottom was severely absessed and would need to be pulled, but put me on pennicillin and I am scheduled March 7th to have that one pulled as well! He said this could be the cause if bitter taste! I don't know what to think because I have been on antibiotics for 9 days now and bitter taste is still there! In fact I think I now have another crown causing issues as well!

Both my Doctors told me to start taking Zinc Supplement to help rid bitter taste in my mouth! I am only on day 3 of taking that, but no effect yet

Does anyone have any advice on how to get this bitter metalic taste of my mouth for good? Any other ideas on what else could be causing this issue?? I am going nuts here!

Sorry so long of a post!!

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Have You Ever Done Any Online Dating? - Let's Discuss!

If you've ever done any online dating, you know there are many things that can go wrong. But for some, online dating leads to finding a soulmate. ...

09-17-2019, 11:04 AM By Chrissy M.
  • Do You Volunteer?

I have done so for many years.

I work at a charity and have been there for over 10 years. I must admit, I love the work. Admittedly, I don't...

09-17-2019, 03:15 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Do You Pluck Your Eyebrows?

I certainly do.

I like the thinner brow look. I have beautiful eyes and feel my brows frame my face. I love having groomed, neat eyebrows....

09-17-2019, 03:08 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Fabulous New Boots!

I very recently bought myself a gorgeous pair of black leather boots. I spent a good 20 minutes making the decision and don't regret it!

09-17-2019, 03:02 AM By Popcorn&Candy
  • Soon To Have Therapy

I've been in a really mixed-up place lately. So I have spoken to my doctor and she is referring me for counselling. I shall also be seeing a psychologist....

09-17-2019, 02:59 AM By Popcorn&Candy
Working...
X