Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit of confusion

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Bit of confusion

Hello everyone, first post here

Now this may be nothing at all, but I thought it might be worth asking an active community. Over the last week, I've been having odd little changes, and I have no idea if they mean anything. For a start, I'm getting fast-sprouting chin/neck hairs (only a few, and I always pluck them); I've always had them (genetic, unfortunately) but they only ever used to be occasional. Now I'm having to whip the tweezers out more often than I'm used to.

Secondly, I've also been getting more spots. Again, I only ever had them occasionally and it's mostly on my neck. This is where it gets a bit TMI, so I'll apologise in advance, but I've never had a sex drive, and I've always been okay with that. But I've had one or two arousing dreams, which is startling because that never happens to me.

Lastly, I've started to twitch a lot at night. Mostly while I'm on the brink of sleep, and it'll be my head, arms or entire upper body. Sometimes they're so strong that my heart starts racing and it puts me off sleep.

I had no idea where to put this, as it's all a bit scattered, so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong area. Additional info: I'm 20 years old and female. If anyone thinks there might be something to it, then please do let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by elves; 03-03-2013, 08:08 PM.

• Mixed with a possible hormonal change, I feel alot of these are stress based.
    Your last symptoms in bed, I've gone through when I was living a major change
    in my life(still am). It doesn't have to be daily stress. Sometimes we create more
    on ourselves by expectations we don't meet, things we expected to have happened
    and didn't or just plain self criticism. I don't know you enough to say, but look around
    yourself and see if you are putting this stress on yourself. I doubt it's anything more.

Comment

• Now that you mention stress, that could possibly be a factor. I've been struggling with anxiety; it's not a new thing but it's really been mounting up lately with extended money troubles/the job market being so arduous, and I had an anxiety attack four days ago (first one in 18 months.) The stress/money problems aren't really a new development though, so I never considered them.

Comment

• Sometimes when we don't see the stress mounting, our body sends us a message.
        Listen to it, relax and change a few things. You're worth it!

Comment

• I think maybe I should make an appointment with my doctor, as I've never really sought help for the anxiety and was pretty convinced that I could deal with it. Thank you for your advice and answers, I do appreciate them.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• U2 Feedback

I love U2: I checked out their website. I think some of the members were rude about U2: which was totally unfair. U2 produce great music and those insults...

09-09-2019, 09:57 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Diagnosis on Netflix

There are only 7 episodes, but I found this to be such an informative, interesting and eye-opening show. I was truly captivated by it and wanted to recommend...

09-05-2019, 07:43 AM By Ashlee T.
          • Is it weird that I'm addicted to giving BJs?

I know this is probably going to sound like a windup but it's a genuine question. And a warning to fellas: any comment along the lines of "come give...

09-04-2019, 06:05 PM By GillBlack
          • High Fat, High Carbohydrate, High Protein – Which Works Best?

When I was struggling to continue my progress last year, a couple of good friends started suggesting that I figure out my “macros” and “reduce carbs.”...

09-04-2019, 12:24 AM By Stillness
          • Hurricane Dorian devastation

I watched some videos from hurricane Dorian last night. I hope our members or readers in the Carribean are safe.

And I suppose our members...

09-03-2019, 07:42 AM By atskitty2
          Working...
          X