Really looking for help. At the end of my rope with my health

Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really looking for help. At the end of my rope with my health

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Really looking for help. At the end of my rope with my health

I've been sick with an infection for three weeks.
    Started in my gums thanks so a crooked tooth which caused my gum to grow over it an get infection (dentist told me I have to have my gums reshaped), moved to my parotid gland, cheeks, into my sinuses and has been lovingly moving throughout out my body. Last week I started having trouble breathing while laying down and doing anything more than a slow walk. My chest has been hurting and my doctor put me on a new round of antibiotics (3rd round so far) for the infection, and inhaled and oral steroids for breathing as well as a couple of shots to jump start my lungs i guess. He said that the lower region of my lungs/bronchioles weren't expanding when I inhaled and were really tight.

I forgot to mention to him that I was going to be flying for work, as I do every two weeks.

On take off I started having severe chest pains and I couldn't breath and was getting lightheaded. I couldn't take in enough air at all. I was on oxygen for half the flight. Landing wasn't bad at all. First time that has ever happened. I have been flying every two weeks since December and I have never had any issues flying.

I asked my doctor what happened and he says he doesn't know, but I'm in another state and I have no idea what I can do since he cant see me. I'm constantly short of breath and my chest hurts when I breathe. I received no advice on whether I should fly again in a few days when I need to return home.

I don't want to go to the ER, as I don't know what to tell them, plus I'm in another state. Its been going on for so long and just getting worse. Has anyone dealt with anything like this before. I'm a healthy 25 year old with diabetes (well controlled and A1C under 7) and asthma (I haven't had in attack in YEARS!). I haven't been sick in a really really long time.

Any advice or ideas?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X