Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge ovarian cyst

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Huge ovarian cyst

Back in January, I started to feel really horrible pain just above my belly button. I thought maybe I had hernia (I work in a factory with heavy lifting, and hernia is common there. A few people have had hernia surgery in the past year), so I went to the walk in clinic a few weeks ago, and he told me it was just a little one. No big deal and it wouldn't need surgery. It hurt like hell, so I decided to make an appointment with my family doctor and I went in last week. It turns out that it wasn't hernia, but something else. So I went for an ultrasound and they told me I had a tumor on my ovaries. So they referred me to a gynecologist. Yesterday I went, and I found out it was just a cyst. However, it is a huge cyst, like at least 6 or 7 pounds. I am going to have to have surgery for it. Apparently I've had it for a few years now. It explains why I have a belly. I am skinny everywhere but the gut, but I assumed that I was just fat and I never had any problems with it. Like I said, I didn't start feeling pain until in January. Which is another thing right there. Why didn't I feel pain right away? My sister had one years ago, but it was a tiny one and she was in pain right away and she was in so much pain she couldn't get out of bed. This thing has been in me for a while, and it's a six pounder.

Anyway, I am just wondering about your experiences with this, and if you were in a lot of pain as well. It's slowly been getting worse since January. It went from being a little pain, to my entire stomach hurting, back pain, my side and a pain down my right leg. The cyst is on my right ovary and apparently it's blocking my right kidney. I have to call back tomorrow to find out when they are removing it.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
X