Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mesenteric lymphadenitis

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Mesenteric lymphadenitis

I was recently diagnosed with mesenteric lymphadenitis. I went to the hospital last Thursday thinking I was suffering from appendicitis and it turned out to be this. Which in the long run is a good thing because treatment doesn't require surgery like appendicitis. It has symptoms like appendicitis because lymph nodes in that area get swollen and create pain similar to appendicitis and because it s caused from some sort of pathogen you also get the other symptoms of appendicitis as well. The doctor gave me some antibiotics which are supposed to help but so far they are just making me feel more sick! I would not mind the antibiotics making me nauseous if they were helping with the pain, but I'm still in the same amount of pain as before! The doctor prescribed me some pain medication but I hate that kind of stuff and I am a full time student about to take finals so I can't really be all that groggy! Is anyone else familiar with this condition? If so, what is the general timeline for improvement? I don't remember much from what my doctor said at the hospital because by the time I had gotten my results it was almost 2am and I was exhausted! I am getting so frustrating because I am feeling worse instead of better! And just frustrated in general because literally days before this happened I had finally gotten off my period after 46 days and was finally feeling free just to have this happen and again feeling trapped in my body. I so badly want to feel like a normal, healthy person!

• hi the recovery time may depend on the cause

if its is viral as usual it takes few days

if it takes too long then u have to take a second opinion to revise the diagnosis itself or to rule out TB

Comment

• I can assure you I definitely do not have TB. I have improved since I posted, so I am just a slow healer even when it comes to illness apparently! Thanks though for the reply =)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X