Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot flashes then freezing cold! Need advice, please help!

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Hot flashes then freezing cold! Need advice, please help!

Hi,
    I'm only 18 years old turning 19 in September. I've had normal periods but this month I have missed mine. Lately, I have been having extreme hot flashes one minute then the next I need to cuddle up in a blanket. I've had pretty bad headaches as well a little bit of nausea and fatigue. Is this all something I should be concerned about? Should I see my doctor about this?

• I just read this and another post of yours and I would suggest seeing a gynecologist. It is extremely rare for someone your age to go through menopause so I wouldn't worry about that specifically. You may have a hormonal imbalance, it is hard to say. You definitely should see a doctor just for your sake. I know how it is to be worried about these kinds of things (although mine is opposite and I sometimes have trouble getting my period to stop). I have had issues with hot flashes and night sweats since about January and I am only 21 but I am not menopausal. I actually still have no idea why I am getting these since I'm not unbalanced or anything. Anyway I am getting off topic. You should see the doctor just to try to get some answers, and hopefully start feeling like a normal person again. I know how draining those types of symptoms can be, so for your sake seeing a doctor could help. I do hope everything works out for you =)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
    X