Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boil on my butt

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Boil on my butt

Two days ago I had a pain in my butt, right on my pantie line. It is an area that I can't see except in a mirror. My husband says it looks like a large pimple but hasn't come to a head yet. Funny, I'm shy about him looking at that area when I think nothing of undressing and sleeping with him but he's not shy about look at it. In fact he seems to enjoy it.

I haven't been able to wear my usual white cotton panties because the seam rubs on the boil and it hurts too bad. I have some loose style silk panties that I ware. Sitting has been a big problem especially on the hard chairs at school.

I've been applying heat to it whenever I can trying to make it develop faster so it will drain. Does anyone have any "tricks" to make it go away faster? I've only had one other boil than I can remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
    ― Bodhidharma

• Hey honey,

I don't know how to rid of them quicker... Maybe ice instead of heat?

I just know they are a pain in the ******, in-grown hairs usually and rear..

Off course you could wear NO panties? What? I've done it... With a good skirt and just suck it up.

We can't help what happens to us in life but when comfort is concerned?
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Or pantless tights maybe?
      PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• One of the Secret Secrets of Motherhood..
        Is knowing that if it was your Child ..
        You'd eventually know how to handle that painful lil " Boil " on your Butt . And learning on yourself will help you quickly know what to do for others .

Try some of Misako's Diaper Rash Cream.

Of course have it cleaned with an good Astringent, like baby wipes or Peroxide ( our old days we used Peroxide to clean out germs ). Apply the Desityn or Generic name brand Cream to bum,or have Hubby do it .

Though you both may enjoy that too much .. Even with a " Pimple on Bum ". lol

Just as you would treat Misako's Bum or Rash , you can treat your own .

Of course, as you know, If it Persists and does not respond to " normal " treatments , Consult your DR.
        Even a LPN or RN at your School .

Comment

• I went to the ER, hubby had to drive me. They said it would need lancing but it was too early. Since I had a temperature of 100.5, he gave me Flucloxacillin (antibiotic) to take for 10 days. The boil has gotten larger and the area all around it is red. I've been applying heat and the doctor told me to keep it up.

My MIL is came down yesterday, she will stay a week to help out with the house and baby. I don't know what I'd do without her.

I can't afford to miss much school because I'm already being closely scrutinized by the instructor. Missing a few days could cause me to fail one or more courses. I might try to go tomorrow.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          Not thinking about anything is Zen. Once you know this, walking, sitting, or lying down, everything you do is Zen.
          ― Bodhidharma

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
          X