Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lansoprazole for Heartburn

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Lansoprazole for Heartburn

Hello, I have severe heartburn and was given lansoprazole OTC by the Pharmacist. I have no money to go to a doctor. I took a 14-day treatment last Christmas. It says on the bottle not to take another treatment (14 days) for 4 months. I again just finish a second 14-day treatment in late April and May, waiting the 4 months. It works for me and I can eat most things. During the times I don't take it, I am pretty much limited to milk and saltine crackers. I am very limited what I can eat and live through it. My question, do I really need to wait a solid 4 months between each treatment of Lansoprazole as the bottle instructs? It is heartburn medicine that actually does work for me so far. Prior to Lansoprazole, I just ate my weight in Tums and Rolaids and most times, they were not successful. Please help. Thanks for all the good information here!

• The 14-day limit listed on the bottle is just to ensure that people who have a serious problem don't just keep taking the medicine instead of seeing a doctor. It's not unsafe to take daily, the makers of it just want to cover themselves because you ought to take it under a doctor's supervision as a prescription if you're going to use it daily.

Weigh you options, check out the side effects, and try not to take it for a very long time without seeing a doctor. It may be that you have a serious condition that needs to be checked out on top of taking the medicine. Perhaps you can save up some money or seek out a free clinic with the time you're buying by taking the medicine.
    <center><i>Nature gives us shapeless shapes,<br>Clouds and waves and flame,<br>But human expectation is that love remains the same,<br>And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.</i><br><a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/register.php">Register</a>|<a href="http://www.womens-health.com/boards/members/little.html">Contact Admin</a>|<a href="mailto:support*womens-health.com?subject=Forum Contact">Email Admin</a></center>

Comment

• Thank You..... I grew into this heartburn and have had it about 10 years. In my younger years, I could eat anything and it not affect me. I figured it comes about with age. I had health coverage through the years with my work but am retired now and can not afford the health premium. They are out of my reach. I have seen a PA in the past but her charges are the same as the doctor's. Thank You.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

Working...
      X