Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uneven sized breast

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Uneven sized breast

Wasn't sure where to post this so just put it in general.

Well the thing is i have never told ANYONE this not my mum not evan my closest friends, has it really upsets me and I'm really self conscious about my breast I hate them! Iv had this problem since puberty and I'm now 22.
    My left one is significantly larger than my right one! To the point I have to stuff my bra to Evan them out.
    I can't ware the clothes I want to because they are to low cut I Evan had to turn down a offer to be a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding because the dress the bride picked was a low cut one and I didn't have the courage to tell them why.

It really upsets me and I feel stupid because there's much worse stuff happening in the world and I sit and cry about my breast!

Iv been pretty low but I think people put that down to my weight which it is in one way but mostly it's down to my breast. Iv recently joined a gym and changed what i eat and lost some weight and i enjoy it and I'm looking forward to the results but can't help but think I'm still not going to be happy when iv lost the weight.

I really need to see my doctor about this but I can't get the courage to make an appointment because I know I'll have to show my breast and I just haven't got the confidence at all to do this I can't Evan tell my mum never mind a doctor.

Any advise please?
    Thanks for reading and sorry for the long story.

• Anyone?

Comment

• How big a difference? A few things to keep in mind are that humans are not perfectly symmetrical creatures. If you look carefully at anyone's face you'll notice different sized eyes, nostrils, cheeks, etc. Hands, legs, and arms are all different.

Most women also have noticeably different sized breasts. Often the left one is bigger. I think it has something to do with the arteries. The only times I think I've ever noticed is when a woman is wearing very revealing clothing.I think that it's partially because I'm aware that the size discrepancy is common. It doesn't look bad to me.

Before I married I didn't know. Before my wife complained about how lopsided she was and how everyone was noticing it, I didn't know. If she's barechested I have to really look closely to distinguish and even then I've been wrong. What I'm saying is that sometimes we can be our own worse critics.

There was a site about breasts for women that I stumbled across a few years back. Unfortunately I can't remember the name, but you could probably Google it. All sorts of women post pictures of their breasts so that other women can feel comfortable in their own skin. Maybe you could check it out.
      "Those sowing seed with tears
      Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Thanks for replying, I will have a search thanks for the suggestion
        I know it's a common thing for women not to have symmetrical breast but mine you can tell
        Theres a massive difference, my right one is a D cup and my left is almost non excitant!

Comment

• Google Images of Breasts that are different sizes, you will see some similar to yours, some probably worse and less worse.
          There are Silicone Inserts that you can buy and there are some Foam and Air blow up ones too.
          You can buy the Bra and only fill one side. Check Mastectomy Bra's for the ones you can fill only one side or both, like the one below.
          There are size charts available, so measure and try to get the " Shape " Close to your natural side.
          You should ( with Practice ) be able to wear what you want .

Honey, you should tell your Mum.This is Important !!
          Just think if you were hurt or in an Accident and she found out later that you had an Abnormality and you didn't trust her or were too ashamed to let her know ?
          She loves you for who you are, not what your Breasts look like.

You should see a Dr. just to get a Check up, make sure all the Glands and such are working properly.
          Later down the road.. You can look into Corrective Surgery.

Do not Hate or feel Shamed.. Breasts are Beautiful and their purpose is to Feed Babies, not to Fill out Clothing. Your Breasts are NOT who you are, Never feel that way !!!
          Look at all of the women who have or have had Breast Cancer or Mastectomy's .. They are no less a Woman that you or I or any other Woman in this World .

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyGirl View Post

Google Images of Breasts that are different sizes, you will see some similar to yours, some probably worse and less worse.
            There are Silicone Inserts that you can buy and there are some Foam and Air blow up ones too.
            You can buy the Bra and only fill one side. Check Mastectomy Bra's for the ones you can fill only one side or both, like the one below.
            There are size charts available, so measure and try to get the " Shape " Close to your natural side.
            You should ( with Practice ) be able to wear what you want .

Honey, you should tell your Mum.This is Important !!
            Just think if you were hurt or in an Accident and she found out later that you had an Abnormality and you didn't trust her or were too ashamed to let her know ?
            She loves you for who you are, not what your Breasts look like.

You should see a Dr. just to get a Check up, make sure all the Glands and such are working properly.
            Later down the road.. You can look into Corrective Surgery.

Do not Hate or feel Shamed.. Breasts are Beautiful and their purpose is to Feed Babies, not to Fill out Clothing. Your Breasts are NOT who you are, Never feel that way !!!
            Look at all of the women who have or have had Breast Cancer or Mastectomy's .. They are no less a Woman that you or I or any other Woman in this World .

Thanks for your reply, I googled last night and iv seen all the differences they are and I'm not alone and some are worse than mine. (This is the first time iv googled about this)
            Think surgery is the best option for me I just need to get the courage to tell people.

I need to tell my mum iv been wanting to for years but I just put it off!
            Basically I just need to find some confidence to tell her think once I get that out of the way she'll be there for me for the doctors ect...
            I know I shouldn't feel ashamed that's why I feel stupid sometimes because what other women go through.

I could just show her this? Or would it be best from me?
            Thanks

Comment

• Hi Sweet.

I'm glad babygirl suggested that, perfect for you. To know you are not alone for others to know they are not alone with situations that we go through in life is awesome, it gives us confidence.

I am sure your Mother has had something that she has feared as well as felt horrible over and you may be very surprised on how she warms to you over this, don't be scared.

If this is the best way to tell her for you? "HI MUM", then do so.. Just know your Mother and all Mothers love their children and will always be there for them.

Please don't be scared to share this with her.

It's what Mothers are for.

CW
              PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Hi

Ok thanks CW I'll tell her within the next few days when we are alone might have to be Monday or tuesday now it's a bit hectic at our house over the weekend and everyone's at home. But I'll defiantly tell her I need to because its driving me crazy!

Thanks for all your help everyone xx

Comment

• The only three options are get surgery to fix it, or do what you can to hide it, or get over your self-consciousness about it. My grandma had a masectomy on one boob for breast cancer. And unless she told you, you would never have known one boob was missing. She wore some fake padded boob in her bra.

Comment

• I to have this same problem as does my mom. I've actually found that heavily padded bras work best for me. For me they usually help even them out a bit. That's just my two cents, most women have to deal with the same problem. I hate it as well but not much you can do really.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
                    • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
                    • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
                    • Hello All

Hi everyone,
                      I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
                    • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
                    Working...
                    X