Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts and Advice on Autoimmune issues

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Thoughts and Advice on Autoimmune issues

I need some thoughts. I have been feeling sick for about a year. My doctor said it was just postpartum and put me on a few different antidepressents. They made me feel worse so I quite taking the medicine. My symptoms include depressed mood, weak muscles, double vision, numbing like feeling in face that comes and goes, slurred speech, states of feeling like I have a hangover, difficulty focusing, dizziness, and body aches.

I am a single mom of a 15 month old. My career is about to take off. I am worried this might be a long term issue. It affect my daily activities. I'd like to here from other's in simular situations.

I have an apointment next week with a nerologist. How should I prepare for the appointment and what might I expect?

• Welcome to WH.

I am glad that you are seeing a neurologist next week, they will require a complete medical history so if you haven't seen your Doctor for too long, then best to provide further information. They will also conduct a physical examination and focus on cognitive function, nerves,strength, sensation, reflexes, coordination, and gait.

They may then recommend you for physiotherapy work, or try medication or there could be surgery.

It will depend on the outcome.

It could be a pinched nerve somewhere that is triggering all of this.

If any of our members have suffered anything like this, they will reply but if not, we would love for you to let us know how you got along.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• Did it just start on its own? Or was there something to trigger the event?
      Pigeonholer extraordinaire!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
      • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

Yesterday, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

Yesterday, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Reply to Nice to meet you!

Welcome to WH! I look forward to reading your posts!

Yesterday, 04:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
      • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
      • Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
      • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
      • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
      Working...
      X