Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woke Up This Morning With Pain In Ribs & Lungs

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Woke Up This Morning With Pain In Ribs & Lungs

When I first woke up this morning I felt sharp pain where my ribs and lungs are. To pinpoint the pain let me explain, in between my boobs but a bit lower in between my ribs. The pain starts there and moves to my ribs. The pain has stopped now, it only hurt about five minutes at most. I slept on my stomach when I went to sleep. It was deep sharp pain. Should I be worried?

• Welcome to WH.

Which side of your body was the pain? If it was the side where your heart is, then I would go and get a test. Though I myself have had that and there is nothing wrong with me, I'd be concerned and have a checkup.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

• I get random aches and pains sometimes. If it happens a lot, or last for a long time then you should go see a doctor, like now. Sometimes the body just aches though and it could be because of the way you were sleeping or an activity the day before. Hope you're feeling better though.

Comment

• Usually it's a lightly pulled or cramped muscle like sleeping with your neck at a weird angle. I've had it happen a lot across my ribs. Directly below and slightly in of your left breast is your heart. If you have pain there more than for a short time once I'd see a doctor. Also directly up the center of your chest can be a sign of acid reflux which often flares up while laying flat to sleep and goes away when you spend time standing up.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
        • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

Yesterday, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

Yesterday, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Reply to Nice to meet you!

Welcome to WH! I look forward to reading your posts!

Yesterday, 04:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
        • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
        • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
        • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
        Working...
        X