Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under Active Thyroid?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Under Active Thyroid?

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with an under active thyroid or hypothyroidism? I am considering having my thyroid checked, because I've suffered from depression for years, and it's not severe depression, but one that just prevents me from being the happy go lucky person I usually am. I have had quite a bit of hair loss over the last few years, nothing that makes me look bald, but it's definitely a lot thinner, lately more constipation, tired and a low libido.

Any thoughts on these symptoms or experiences? Have any of you had yours tested?

Thanks!

• Lizzard63,

Yep! I have hypothyroidism. Was diagnosed in March. My hair is half its thickness, weight gain, fatigue, sleeping disorders, and an array of other things. I had thought originally it was menopause related, but found out they can go together... (when it rains it pours!) lol It would be a good idea to have your TSH and lipids checked , if just to rule it out. I have been taking medication to bring it to an acceptable level. So far it has not reached it, dosage increases every 6to8 weeks. Hopefully it will level off in the next month or two... (fingers crossed)
    [COLOR=purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• Have you noticed any physical changes since going on medication for it so far? My doctor asked me about getting it checked the last time I went in for my depression (it's not severe, but as I said, enough to make me not my chipper 'ol self) and I had a few of the symptoms but I asked her if it sounded like I had it and she said no (I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay for the blood tests out of the pocket)...now I kinda wish I would just bit the bullet and got tested.

Comment

• I do not have as much fatigue, but the other symptoms are still present. Out of pocket expense can be high. Is there a local womens clinic that offers a pay according to income..?

?? everytime I type womens in this post it comes up twice...? weird.
        [COLOR=purple][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

• I doubt it... I don't make bad money, I just have other expenses (house, car, school loans etc.). I probably wouldn't qualify.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
          • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
          • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
          • Hello All

Hi everyone,
            I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
          • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
          Working...
          X