Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronic Fatigue ** 25 years old. New to forum

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Chronic Fatigue ** 25 years old. New to forum

Ok so.. I've had some symptoms over the past few years and whenever I go to the doctor there never seems to be an explanation for much, so I appreciate any input because I am at a loss.

Lets start with the basics. I am a 25 year old non-smoking female. I do not drink alcohol, wine, or caffeine, with the exception of an alcoholic drink on my birthday. Blood pressure is good, on the lower side.

From 12-15 I had anxiety-induced IBS symptoms. Had an upper GI exam done and they found nothing abnormal. These days I'm nausea frequently and can't eat a lot in one sitting or I will barf.

I developed moderate psoriasis at 15. Since 19 it has been very mild and does not interfere with my everyday life.

At 23 I had mononucleosis (verified positive by blood test) and had it for about 2 months before I felt bad to normal.

But since age 19 I've have been EXTREMELY fatigued, always tired, joint and muscle pain, frequent anxiety, feel physically weak a lot of the time, nauseous, brain fog, poor concentration (I'm going on my 7th year of being in college, the past 5 years I've been a part time student and part time employee because I cannot mentally or physically keep up). I need to sleep at least 8-9 hours a night and most days I end up taking a 3-4 hour nap. If I don't allow myself to nap I will get a headache. I've tried multiple anti-depressants, probably 10 by now and they did not help. I'm a healthy eater, have variety in my diet, drink sufficient water, and I'll treat myself to a donut and snickers mini's once in a while. I'm physically fit compared to most and have about 20% body fat. I do some weight training at home when I feel up for it but aerobic activity causes so much stress that I give up after usually 5 minutes. From time to time my words are slurred, sometimes have a minor sore throat but not bad enough to go to a doctor, occasional minor ear pain (left ear), charley horse cramps in my calfs at night (maybe 3 a month), and am VERY sensitive to cold. We live in Florida so I'm usually comfortable but if we put the A/C down to 70 degrees I have to put tight compression stockings on my legs to stop from feeling so cold and stiff. My legs even feel cold when it's 85 degrees outside and our A/C is set to the normal 77. I had an ultrasound on my legs - no clots according to tech. I have also been very susceptible to UTI's. In 2012 I had 6 UTI's averaging one every two months. My husband and I pee before and after sex and are always fresh and ****clean**** before doing the deed so hygiene is definitely not any culprit. Saw a urologist who did an ultrasound of my bladder: normal. And when it comes to alcohol or even wine, I feel toxic after just two drinks. Toxic, not even tipsy. I do not feel better after drinking water or eating.

The last time I had blood work one of the abnormal things found was my CRP level: Less than 1 is considered low risk, 1-3 is medium risk, and anything over 3mg/L is high risk. My levels came in at 10x the max risk at 32.9 mg/L indicating "obvious source of infection or inflammation". A few other things were borderline but the doc said everything is "normal". This blood test had been one year since I recovered from mono.

Another doctor noticed that I had deficient testosterone levels (for a female!), and said it could contribute to the fatigue but not necessarily. I used a LOW DOSE testosterone rx cream daily for 5 months which boosted my testosterone level to a normal female level (and I did NOT grow a mustache! lol). But I did not feel better. This doctor also checked my thyroid and said levels came back normal. He went on and said I might have adrenal fatigue but they did not order any tests.

My life has gotten to a point where it's difficult to enjoy things because I do not have the energy to get much done. Yes my house is clean, and my homework gets done eventually, but I had to quit working just to focus on finishing school and because I can hardly get through a day without napping. It's gotten that ridiculous. My husband doesn't understand and my friends say that I'm just lazy... that really hurts me.

It's getting back to that time of the year when I go for a routine physical and blood work, and I don't know what to tell my doctor other than I still feel the same as I did 5 years ago. Exhausted. Tired. I'm over feeling like crap all the time. I would like to ask for maybe some specific tests but I don't know where to start anymore.

• This is a lot for you to be going through.

Rest is important but too much rest can back fire on you.

Have you researched IBS? Doctors know very little about it, as to what brings it on. It is believed to be due to something traumatic in your life which could be simple such as constant anxiety over things in life. The only solution they can come up with is watching your diet, cutting out dairy, spices, eating more organic, fresh veg/salads and very small portions of meat preferably white, keeping a diary and monitoring improvement.

I believe that with IBS, comes alot of other conditions including Fatigue, fybromyalgia, myofasical pain.

It can all be debilitating. Gentle walks daily increased, lots of stretching, heat bags lots of water.

And, remedial massages.

I had an injury in 1999 that gave me all of those and I live quite well with it now.. By following these rules above.

There is also a peppermint tablet you can get from the supermarkets that's natural, non chemical that helps IBS. But to me IBS hangs about and causes the other problems, this is what I believe you need to get mainly under control.
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
    • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
    • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
    • Hello All

Hi everyone,
      I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
    • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
    Working...
    X