Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incredibly winded and racing heartbeat

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Incredibly winded and racing heartbeat

Hey all, this is my first post on this site besides my introduction.
    When I visit my boyfriend at college I have to climb two flights of stairs. By the time I get to the top I have to lean against the wall or place my hands on my knees to catch my breath. Sometime I have to stop halfway up the stairs to take a break. My heart beats rapidly and I get very winded.
    My doctor told me to tell her if it gets worse, she may put me on asthma control medicine... if that doesnt work then they will do some lung tests.
    I have athletic asthma and heart conditions run on both sides of my family.
    What do you guys think about the situation? Any advice?

• Hi there.

For gosh sakes, don't ask us - ask your doctor!
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

• Originally posted by jen1447 View Post
      Hi there.

For gosh sakes, don't ask us - ask your doctor!
      Hello Jen,
      I asked my doctor and she just said to let her know if it gets worse, and that she may do some lung tests.

Today it started up again, when I was mopping the floor.

I have an appointment December 2. But I think I should try to get in sooner?

Comment

• KK, if you are in college yourself, you should have paid medical as part of your student fees. Go to the doctor there for quicker action. Otherwise search around for a free or low cost clinic. Do you use an inhaler?
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

• Im living at home right now but the co-pay for our doctors office is very cheap. Im going to ask my mom to take me in sooner.

I have an inhaler for athletic asthma and I use it when I feel like an asthma attack is coming on.

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
          • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to Healthcare Apps

That sounds like a really good idea, Anya Joe. Keeping track of the calories you're burning must work. To me, I wouldn't use such a device myself, but...

Yesterday, 04:41 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to Hello All

Hi, ConnieBlake. I am a regular member on here and look forward to offering you any advice you might need.

There're loads of people with...

Yesterday, 04:38 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Reply to Nice to meet you!

Welcome to WH! I look forward to reading your posts!

Yesterday, 04:36 AM By Popcorn&Candy

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Pain Management

Dear All,

I am Tim and new to this forum. I really like guiding people on various topics so if you have any advise for me or want an advice...

Today, 04:33 AM By Timf
          • Abominable Film

I went to see this at the cinema with my sister and was blown away: by the quality of the film, the special effects, the storyline. Definitely one of...

Yesterday, 04:48 AM By Popcorn&Candy
          • Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
          • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
          • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
          Working...
          X