Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight Fluctuation - In Men

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Weight Fluctuation - In Men

So the boyfriend was wondering ...

Lately he's been weighing himself in the mornings and then later in the day and noticing some odd differences, assuming the scale's not wonky. For example today, this morning he weighed in at 182, but in the evening he was 189. I know you may add a pound or two what with eating and clothes and whatnot, but is a 7 pound difference still normal? I never vary anywhere near that except in extreme circumstances (illness etc.). He hasn't been much of a self-weigher so he doesn't really have a baseline to go off of to gauge the variation.

Thanks.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

• I used to work for an insurance company and we always said that weight could fluctuate 5 lbs in a day. So when we were trying to get people under weight we'd give them a "pencil diet". Personally, when I've done fasts and weighed myself at different times of the day I've noticed fairly large differences. Clothes can add a lot too. Another thing that can throw the scale off is an uneven floor. I've gotten differences based off where on the floor the scale is placed.

My guess is that if you weigh him with the exact same clothing, in the exact same spot you won't see that big of a difference. But a few pounds is normal.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Could be temperature affecting the scale. If you have a sand bag or something else reasonably heavy, try the scale in the morning and evening and see how it works. Doctor's offices use expensive balance scales for a reason. (here I'm assuming you have a standard bathroom scale - if not, then never mind).

Comment

• Thanks you two. He's seen it at both his place and mine (bathroom scales, yes). We'll check out the floors, but good to know it's not necessarily an OMG moment.
        [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

• Fibroids and hemorrhaging

I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids about a year ago. For the last month I noticed a change in that my period didn't stop for a month and there was...

10-11-2019, 05:03 PM By danceintx
        • Reply to Prostate Massage

Was the receiver of one and boy was it amazing! So much so that I started to explore more about it and had discussions with my wife on mixing it up a...

10-11-2019, 12:20 PM By martygraham
        • Reply to Do You Volunteer?

Thank you for volunteering. Family and friends have been in hospice. It is important to have someone who cares nearby at the end....

10-10-2019, 08:52 AM By jns
        • Pressure cooker recipes

Do you use a pressure cooker? Share healthy recipes here!

10-10-2019, 07:25 AM By atskitty2
        • Reply to Menupause symptoms?

Muffin, has she discussed this with her gynecologist at her last annual exam?

Menopause can be a very difficult thing for some women, emotionally...

10-10-2019, 07:23 AM By atskitty2

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Fibroids and hemorrhaging

I was diagnosed with uterine fibroids about a year ago. For the last month I noticed a change in that my period didn't stop for a month and there was...

10-11-2019, 05:03 PM By danceintx
        • Pressure cooker recipes

Do you use a pressure cooker? Share healthy recipes here!

10-10-2019, 07:25 AM By atskitty2
        • Can I Take Tramadol Medicine For Upper Back Pain ?

Hi, my name is Alina and my age is 59. I am facing upper back pain last from 1 year. My friend suggested me to take tramadol medicine for pain. my doctor...

10-08-2019, 11:19 PM By Alinamyseren
        • Jane Eyre

One of my favourites. Yours?

I do think the classics are that for a reason: books are in my blood and I always love picking up this book....

10-08-2019, 04:21 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        • Do You Agree With Grammarly?

Do you use Grammarly? Or do you think it the cheat's way to good English?

Personally speaking, I think it IS a good idea. BUT not in an exam...

10-08-2019, 04:12 AM By Popcorn&Candy
        Working...
        X