Women’s Health Interactive Forums

• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight Fluctuation - In Men

Collapse
X
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

• Weight Fluctuation - In Men

So the boyfriend was wondering ...

Lately he's been weighing himself in the mornings and then later in the day and noticing some odd differences, assuming the scale's not wonky. For example today, this morning he weighed in at 182, but in the evening he was 189. I know you may add a pound or two what with eating and clothes and whatnot, but is a 7 pound difference still normal? I never vary anywhere near that except in extreme circumstances (illness etc.). He hasn't been much of a self-weigher so he doesn't really have a baseline to go off of to gauge the variation.

Thanks.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

• I used to work for an insurance company and we always said that weight could fluctuate 5 lbs in a day. So when we were trying to get people under weight we'd give them a "pencil diet". Personally, when I've done fasts and weighed myself at different times of the day I've noticed fairly large differences. Clothes can add a lot too. Another thing that can throw the scale off is an uneven floor. I've gotten differences based off where on the floor the scale is placed.

My guess is that if you weigh him with the exact same clothing, in the exact same spot you won't see that big of a difference. But a few pounds is normal.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

• Could be temperature affecting the scale. If you have a sand bag or something else reasonably heavy, try the scale in the morning and evening and see how it works. Doctor's offices use expensive balance scales for a reason. (here I'm assuming you have a standard bathroom scale - if not, then never mind).

Comment

• Thanks you two. He's seen it at both his place and mine (bathroom scales, yes). We'll check out the floors, but good to know it's not necessarily an OMG moment.
        [FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR="#800080"][B][SIZE=4]Woman trapped inside a woman's body![/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Womens Health orange logoGet The Newsletter

Receive our passionately crafted, medically reviewed articles and insights — the stuff nobody else talks about but you want to know — delivered right to your inbox.

Latest Posts in Our Forums

Collapse

Latest Topics in Our Forums

Collapse

• Do You Believe In Kindred Spirits, Soulmates, And Twin Flames? - Discuss!

We hear a lot of talk about finding a soulmate, but did you know there are kindred spirits and twin flames out there also? Maybe you have met yours?...

10-15-2019, 08:43 AM By Alison H.
        • Nice to meet you!

My name's Eileen. It will take awhile before I'm able to find my way around here.

10-15-2019, 02:25 AM By EileenFrazier
        • Hi :)

I am Kayla. I am New Member of this form. I am happy to be a part of this forum.

10-15-2019, 02:22 AM By KaylaGarcia
        • Hello All

Hi everyone,
          I'm quite happy to have found a forum that hopefully will give plenty of advice and insight on all sorts of womanly things; and maybe...

10-15-2019, 02:15 AM By ConnieBlake
        • Hello Everyone

Well my name is Misa. I'm 29 and I'm from New York. I'm a mother to two beautiful little girls and soon a baby boy. I have been married to my husband...

10-15-2019, 01:58 AM By JackMaxwell
        Working...
        X